GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick video of my rear brake and turn lighting on my '18 F model. VLEDs mini pods for signals (ridiculously bright, way better than anything stock or aftermarket) and VLEDs 6 inch red LED bar. Homemade tail tidy as well. You can also see my headlight beam pattern against the garage door (dual projector retrofit).

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
SS, I like cleaning up the rear,

If this is the correct site

it does not appear that they face rear, they would just project straight outwards, how does that work? You didn't drill holes in the plastic? Did you need adapters for the 2-pin plug?
Also, what did you do for front signals?

More details appreciated

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yep, drilled a small hole each side then JB weld into place from behind (no epoxy visible from the outside). They're a perfect fit for that little nook. Grab the pigtails and you can tap or you can solder like I did on mine.. My front signals are integrated into my custom headlight:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, I didn't realize those little pods were so bright. I guess I know what I'm buying next :)
Yeah anything VLEDs sells is top quality. You definitely pay for it but it's worth it. My only complaint with the amber pods is that they weren't amber enough for my tastes so I unscrewed the outer lens and tinted them a little more with some yellow spray tint. Personal preference though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also looking back I wished I had put them in my headlights but the ones I have are decent enough. I use the VLEDs pods for all my retrofits though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
With the front indicators being so close to the headlamp is there any difficulty seeing them flash when you are facing them with the headlights on. Ford had this problem on the early Focus models and redesigned the lighting system subsequently.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No - it's very clear which direction I'm indicating, especially with projector headlights. I've asked some riding buddies and they say it looks great. Also asked my wife was she was in her car. The projector headlights focus the beam on the road and the turn signals remain "reflective" so that driver's aren't looking at both the headlight beam and the turn signal at the same time. It's a great setup. In any case, turn signals aren't even required in the state I live in (not that I don't use them).

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Can you please post a close up picture of how you mounted the pods inside the side panel? Is it pointing outward (not to the rear)? Or did you mount on those tiny "fins" in there?
Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you please post a close up picture of how you mounted the pods inside the side panel? Is it pointing outward (not to the rear)? Or did you mount on those tiny "fins" in there?
Thanks
There's really only one spot where they fit - the widest part. But yeah I can take a pic in a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts