GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Fort Lauderdale and a bunch of us are riding up. We ride up every year. About 4 1/2 hours. Piece of cake and loads of fun.

Funny thing though, today I called to book a room for one night. I had to call out west a little, in Deltona, to find a hotel that would rent for one night.

I called several hotels and told them I was coming up from Fort Lauderdale....and guess what ALL of them asked me?

"How big is your trailer, we are running short on parking spaces".

I said "Trailer"? They said "Yeah, for your bikes". I said "Uh, No we're not on Harleys".

We both laughed. It was funny. Funny how I've ridden all of my sportbikes farther than the greater percentage of Harley riders could ever possibly dream of riding their bikes.

Anyway, I went off track. Anyone going this year?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm usually there every year. I live about an hour west of Daytona.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That must be quite cool living so close to a track like that. You must probably go watch lots of racing.:)
It's a totally crazy during bike week because of Spring Break and NASCAR Coke Zero 400 race at Daytona Speedway. It is a crazy time, that's for sure.

Motorcycles, drunken college kids and drunken NASCAR fans...all on the road at the same time! So, you can imagine!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm about a half hour west and I try to stay away from Daytona during bike week.
It's a 4 1/2 hour ride for us, up from Fort Lauderdale, so we go every year pretty much for the ride itself. It's a destination. Great rowdy ride up and back. We don't hang out at all the busy downtown Harley hangouts. We'll go to JP Cycles and then ride through Ocala and other outskirts. Downtown where everyone is drinking and puking over the balconies is far too adolescent for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts