GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a quick search but can't find anything so I thought I'd ask...
Would the bike pass a UK MOT if the cat and all other exhaust related parts are removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts
No emissions tests on Motorbikes currently and not for the foreseeable future as my friendly MOT tester says, mainly due to the amount of standard non-cat bikes that are out there and 2 strokes. Plus he makes a decent living out of de-catting bikes ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey that's great and takes the piss out of what Suzuki does for the green side of things! Also was wondering as if you take a car into an MOT with the abs / warning lights illuminated to an MOT it would fail. These lights only go out after a speed increase on the wheels. Good to know any way as now I will possibly look for a complete system, lock stock n barrel now. Thanks peeps keep it rubber side down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
California doesnt require Motorcycles to pass emissions either however CARB (california air resource board) is starting to slap huge fines on dyno testing facilities for manipulating emissions settings on bikes not used for racing. The few remaining shops wont touch a bike unless its trailered into the shop, headlight, blinkers, license plate removed and you sign a paper stating bike is used for track only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts