GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I previously removed the main muffler, the Cat and the exhaust valve but left the slip on in place as it seemed fairly straight through and unrestrictive.

Just changed the slip on to an M4 slip on and i can't believe how much louder it is, a lot louder and much deeper sound:)

Not sure of any change in performance yet, will take it out today for testing

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 here as well, more information please, like where did you get the straight pipe from and did you re-map it?
I got the straight pipe mad locally by a welder, replaces the cat and the large silencer box, have since disconnected the SET valve too.

Yes, re-mapping myself, bought the Flash-tune remap harness and software and a daytona sensors AFT logger. Will take it to the Dyno soon too but its nearly 1000km away so want most of the mapping sorted by then, will be mostly fine-tuning

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey quick question. Just put on M4 slip on myself. And am disliking the shiny stock heat shield. Noticed your is black, did you powdercoat it or spray paint it? If so what kind of paint? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey quick question. Just put on M4 slip on myself. And am disliking the shiny stock heat shield. Noticed your is black, did you powdercoat it or spray paint it? If so what kind of paint? Thanks!
Hi, got the heatshield powder coated along with the rear sets (although now replaced the rear sets)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts