GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have done the CAT and collector box delete on mine, -1 on the front, +2 on the back and the Woolich Autotune kit.
Have disabled the SET valve and have removed the PAIR system (put in block off plates).
Currently running a DNA air filter.

Plan on sorting the suspension next and get things resprung to my weight.

Best investment so far? Adaptiv TPX radar detector

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
No pics but that's what she got.
1 down on front sprocket last week
Flash tune self tune package next.
What do you mean by the flashtune self tune package?

I had Flashtune before and changed to Woolich because Flash tune didn't offer any sort of autotune system and still don't as far as i can see

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you mean by the flashtune self tune package?

I had Flashtune before and changed to Woolich because Flash tune didn't offer any sort of autotune system and still don't as far as i can see
I mean stand alone as in I can tune it.. not auto tune.
Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Updated with pics... sounds great with stock can but amazing on the howl with the Yoshi

+2 on rear sprocket -1 upfront,, was a blast but just that bit too much so reverted to 17 front sprocket.

BTW - The Yoshi is still for sale even if it does sound sick... I just have to follow my original plan... much to Wifes dismay.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Custom pipe as wanted a clean job and requested my heat shield still be usable - they did a decent job I feel at a fair price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Custom pipe as wanted a clean job and requested my heat shield still be usable - they did a decent job I feel at a fair price.
The welds look very nice....all about the fitment and sound! Are you in the states and how much did you pay (if you don't mind me asking?)

thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am UK based - I paid 180 casheroo... dropped bike off, picked up next morning.. I thought it was fair.
It does sound amazing at WOT- roll off throttle is nice to.. Im happy but will change mufflers again at soem point as fancy an SC projects shorty

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the dominator mid pipe. Did the cut with header on the bike, was fast and simple. Sound is perfect with set valve on and stock stinger. In the midst of retune of PCV. all done except, trouble tuning 2-3k rpm at 2-5 percent throttle, stumbles a bit there. Currently set at -5 per cent fueling best so far. A lot fatter in some places. Runs better (throttle response) every where, even low end. I’m happy as **** for the money invested. Will share map when I get it done. Goddamn rain here in Maryland is making me crazy.
Listen carefully!!!
You will have to remove cables to SET valve to cut. DO NOT TURN ON KEY until cables are back on!!!
The Healtech is on backorder everywhere!
Love where the sound is now! Little loud at idle, can alert traffic at stop light that you’re there, cruise is perfect, WOT is just right. Will need adjustment of mixture. PCV works great! Big change in the low end fueling needed!
Measure per the eBay add starting at the CENTER of the weld and it goes perfect!
You won’t be sorry if you do it!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi , what is dominater mid pipe , sounds like cut and clamp on pipe to get rid of the cat ? Is it available in Blighty ? Anyone post a link please ?
Stina

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Stina,

Don't bother with the dominator pipe, there is a guy called Oli Jones from the UK facebook group who makes one that is as good if not better and it's only 100 GBP with many happy customers and good support.

Comes with everything you need and all.original brackets

When I get home I'll send you a PM link
Thanks for that , Sent a PM :)
Stina

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi all . Can someone help me out understanding what exactly I need to remove when I’ve made the cut ? The link pipe is here and I will do it in a couple of weeks when I can get it straight in for mapping the PCV . I just don’t understand the material I’m Spose to remove ? I thought all that crap was in the wheelie bin that’s the cat I’m deleting!
Stina

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hi all . Can someone help me out understanding what exactly I need to remove when I’ve made the cut ? The link pipe is here and I will do it in a couple of weeks when I can get it straight in for mapping the PCV . I just don’t understand the material I’m Spose to remove ? I thought all that crap was in the wheelie bin that’s the cat I’m deleting!
Stina

The Cat is in the pipe, looks a bit like a honeycomb and it needs removing if it is left in the pipe that remains on the bike (but most decat pipes leave it in the removed part so you don't need to do anything), normally usually using a drill and chisel - drill and chisel around the outside so it drops out is much easier rather than trying to destroy it all - try not to breathe it in

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks for that , guessed it’d be something like that , just wanna be armed with info before diving in !
Cheers Stina

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just did mine, measure per ad, then cut it. Take approximately 1/4 drill bit , drill holes all along the outer edge as close as you can to each other, then chisel it out. Flash and the pipe made a totally different bike. That’s the way it should have been in the first place.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts