GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
So you can swap the stock cat and under-muffler back again?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Interesting as 1 of my modding rules is the ability to remove the mod if I don't like it. So you're just clamping the decat pipe on? And what about when you put the stock piece back in - do you have a sleeve-type clamp that goes over both butt-ends where the cut was made?

Thx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting as 1 of my modding rules is the ability to remove the mod if I don't like it. So you're just clamping the decat pipe on? And what about when you put the stock piece back in - do you have a sleeve-type clamp that goes over both butt-ends where the cut was made?

Thx

Yes. On picture 3 you see cut of original pipe. Thera are made holders for spring. You can see there on picture 3 too.
On picture 2 you see new pipe is deployed over cut of original pipe. It is attached with springs.

Original cat is expanded at the point of cut (on picture) to fit as new pipe. It is attached with springs too.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes. On picture 3 you see cut of original pipe. Thera are made holders for spring. You can see there on picture 3 too.
On picture 2 you see new pipe is deployed over cut of original pipe. It is attached with springs.

Original cat is expanded at the point of cut (on picture) to fit as new pipe. It is attached with springs too.
That's great work. Have you tried it yet to see if you have any exhaust leaks? If this works, you should make a few and sell them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm really interested in doing this if it works.Will that set up work on the 2016 GSX-S1000? If so can you make me one and how much $? I'm in New York.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts