GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Just trying to work out what it removes , obviously the cat, the valve and/or the big ugly muffler box so it attaches straight to the end can?
This would be loud but a decent end can could have it sounding awesome and no need for new headers, I'm sure at some stage others may manufacture this and sell it cheaper,

·
Registered
328 Posts
169 euro? it s lot of money ...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think cat is retained- (to moderate noise with just the stock rear muffler).

I am working on a similar setup. Making a frame/Jig to line up all brackets before cutting OEM system ar rear of cat.
See attached

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think cat is retained- (to moderate noise with just the stock rear muffler).

I am working on a similar setup. Making a frame/Jig to line up all brackets before cutting OEM system ar rear of cat.
See attached
if you get it right any chance to you provide the technical measurements. I will be doing this myself and not having to create a jig would be a huge time saver :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
if you get it right any chance to you provide the technical measurements. I will be doing this myself and not having to create a jig would be a huge time saver :)
Happy to share details, but there are many different angles of orientation so jig is probably required. The bend I have is a 45 degree, but with slope at end will probably be a few degrees out and need a cut/mitre.
The reducer is a 3" x2" . The pipe is 1 3/4" so still need to either flare pipe or make a small adapter. Could not find a 3" x 1.3/4" reducer in Australia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone tried using this cat removal if so do you think it would work with the stock headers and a Yosihumria Alpha slip on.
Also the website is in another language how do I go about ordering the pipe if it works with I need it for.
thanks for any replies

·
Registered
100 Posts
The website is from the Netherlands.
Hoegee is one of 4 official Yoshimura performance centers in Europe.
They had a world supersport team running a couple of years ago, and they know how to tune a motorcycle.
The boss of Hoegee Tuning worked for the Moto gp team for sukuki in the past.

Here the translation from the website:

"The history of Hoegee Suzuki Tuning began over 20 years ago when the 21-year-old Marc Hoegee made his debut as a mechanic in the Grand Prix motorcycle racing with the team of Wilco Zeelenberg. After a period of great success for Hoegee Zeelenberg and Marc moved to the team of Kenny Roberts sr., Where he has been employed since 1994 for various famous drivers. in 1999 he was asked as technical staff for the Suzuki MotoGP team as the mainstay for Kenny Roberts jr. In 2000, the Suzuki rider won the world championship in the 500cc, One of the many highlights in the career of Marc Hoegee. In this period Hoegee does a wealth of experience and he built a very good relationship with Suzuki and with the court-supplier Suzuki tuning products; Yoshimura. Until the day of today Giessenaar works closely together with the Japanese engineers from both Suzuki and Yoshimura."

The decat pipe is not very cheap but I'm sure the quality is good.
Hoegee made a special R version of the GSX-S, not sure what they did to the engine.

I think it's not the 185 bhp they claim on YouTube but on there own website they say it's 15 bhp and 18nm (6000 rpm) stronger than a Original GSX-S.

·
Registered
25 Posts
A simple pic of it installed would be helpful, I'd be interested if I could see it installed on a bike before I buy, just sayin..

·
Registered
131 Posts
redbeard how does your bike sound without the box?
Really happy with it- I think ideal, more volume and deeper note without being that noisy as to attact police attention. Nice and deep at idle.:)

At low thottle opening/ RPM, volume mild but as you throttle up sound rises nicely.

I kept the Cat so this link pipe should be just the same

1 - 13 of 13 Posts