GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Gsxs owners and greetings from Toronto Canada. Even though I’m a new member here, I’ve owned gsxs since 2016 and lurked about this forum for a while - been part of the whole R1 shock debacle with Paul too so as you can see, I’m new but not new!
After having had the gsxs for almost 4 years and putting up with the snatch and the Pogo stick of a shock ...I decided this might be a keeper...with some much needed changes. so I’m getting a new shock and full exhaust and a tune for the power commander. I held off on the mods (other than pc5 with stock map) thinking I might get something else down the road. Well, I’ve come to realize this might just be the perfect street bike for me. It never fails to put a smile on my face during the grind of a daily downtown commute, took it to the track, had a blast on it. So, credit card is in hand, wife’s not looking, time for some upgrades.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi fellow Gsxs owners and greetings from Toronto Canada. Even though I’m a new member here, I’ve owned gsxs since 2016 and lurked about this forum for a while - been part of the whole R1 shock debacle with Paul too so as you can see, I’m new but not new!
After having had the gsxs for almost 4 years and putting up with the snatch and the Pogo stick of a shock ...I decided this might be a keeper...with some much needed changes. so I’m getting a new shock and full exhaust and a tune for the power commander. I held off on the mods (other than pc5 with stock map) thinking I might get something else down the road. Well, I’ve come to realize this might just be the perfect street bike for me. It never fails to put a smile on my face during the grind of a daily downtown commute, took it to the track, had a blast on it. So, credit card is in hand, wife’s not looking, time for some upgrades.
Go for it! Definitely let us know what you think after the mods!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Welcome 810HAZARD Glad to see you are enjoying this fine bike! I was lucky and got the: throttle snatch free version (even thought it's a 2016). I did suffer from the stock rear shock for too long though. Now with a K-Tech Razor, I'm even happier with the bike.

·
Registered
697 Posts
810HAZARD, it's good to have you along. Like you, I've had this bike for a couple years and yet I still look forward to the next ride.

Good luck with the upgrades and keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's very nice. The damping is much better and very easily adjustable. I'm very happy with my suspension now (still stock in front, but had it adjusted for sag etc.. when I had the K-Tech installed).
Huge improvement.
I did change front springs as well as rear shock , great machine on rd and track also decat and reflash . Its a keeper

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did change front springs as well as rear shock , great machine on rd and track also decat and reflash . Its a keeper
That's great to hear! I had the bike on the track with the stock set up and still had a blast despite the obvious shortcoming. Can't wait to see what it feels like after the upgrades.

It's very nice. The damping is much better and very easily adjustable. I'm very happy with my suspension now (still stock in front, but had it adjusted for sag etc.. when I had the K-Tech installed).
Huge improvement.
Thanks for confirming, glad to hear you like the shock. I'm not planning on making changes to the front until rear is sorted out. Hopefully the shock shows up before the last track day I have planned.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome also from the Toronto area. My new 2018 has only about 1100 km on it but I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the rear shock change as well as the PC tune.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome also from the Toronto area. My new 2018 has only about 1100 km on it but I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the rear shock change as well as the PC tune.
Thanks! nice to see there are other local GSXS riders. I see a few 750's in the city, but never a 1000. I'm hoping to have the shock here soon so I can install it to hit Calabogie for the last track day of the year. For the PC5 tune, I"ll wait for the full exhaust and then get a custom map made at Pro6.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks! nice to see there are other local GSXS riders. I see a few 750's in the city, but never a 1000. I'm hoping to have the shock here soon so I can install it to hit Calabogie for the last track day of the year. For the PC5 tune, I"ll wait for the full exhaust and then get a custom map made at Pro6.

How's calabogie for motorcycles? I'm hoping to pop my track Cherry in the next year or so, and am in the Ottawa area! I've done the full tatlock/calabogie road trip a few times and always love it! I've even stopped by the track to watch some of the cars race!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How's calabogie for motorcycles? I'm hoping to pop my track Cherry in the next year or so, and am in the Ottawa area! I've done the full tatlock/calabogie road trip a few times and always love it! I've even stopped by the track to watch some of the cars race!
It is an amazing track for bikes. Pavement offers tons of grip and there is lots of room in the corners to take different lines... or if you happen to blow the apex and go wide. The track takes a while to learn though - you might need a road map for the first couple of outings haha.
If you are looking at starting your track day experience at Calabogie - check out the track school that Pro6 offers there in May/June (I think they might be the only bike track day provider allowed there), it is well worth it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nice bike @18MatteBlack … I thought about an F model first but preferred the naked's looks so went with that instead. Ever done 17th/Castlederg Rd up towards your area (maybe a bit west)?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey there! Another Toronto area (Vaughan) GSXS owner here!

Mine is a 2018 FZ.

We're going to have to have a local GSXS owner meet up! :)
Hi MatteBlack - that's a sweet looking GSXS! I am totally down for an owner's meet here and maybe a ride somewhere. Sounds like there is few fellow GTA riders here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts