GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my large muffler remove, leaving the set valve, cat and standard rear slip on. Do you think its safe to ride without a tune or am i going to melt my pistons

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been riding without box and cat but with valve. 160+hp on wheel. Runs really smooth
Wow thats a nice figure, obviously you have had it tuned to youre midifications though?
My local dyno tuner is booked out for almost 2 months.
I have noticed it does run smoother without the box.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ive been riding without box and cat but with valve. 160+hp on wheel. Runs really smooth
Interesting.
Replacing large container/box with a comparable narrow tube.. keeping the cat and exva... yielding some 20HP. :laugh:

To TS and contributors in the thread:

Is it no issue to destroy an expensive OEM exhaust when the time comes to trade/sell the bike?

The OEM part is even more expencive than for example Arrow, Yoshi headers or even a complete C4 system.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Interesting.
Replacing large container/box with a comparable narrow tube.. keeping the cat and exva... yielding some 20HP.

To TS and contributors in the thread:

Is it no issue to destroy an expensive OEM exhaust when the time comes to trade/sell the bike?

The OEM part is even more expencive than for example Arrow, Yoshi headers or even a complete C4 system.
Who says you have to destory it?
Any exhaust maker can weld a flange on so you can fit either, only a really keen buyer may notice and would be far less than arrows headers.
If they did it right it should look oem.
In a couple of years stock exhaust will be all over eBay, especially with the stock fueling being the way it is, I can see lots of people upgrading.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Do you have the dyno print off to prove this. Haven't seen anyone go over 157hp without nitrous or internals
Yep, you might be referring to my bike. The stock tune just doesn't provide enough fuel at high RPM to get more than high 140s from what I've seen. No amount of extra airflow will help that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I done this to mine with only 300ks on the clock i do track days aswell as the normal road work now at 5000ks no tune bike runs better down low hasnt melted anything yet

·
Registered
379 Posts
This is totally not the intent of the question or thread, but eliminating that giant exhaust box might make room for a nice center stand :)

Surely, any added weight would be offset by the massive amounts of added HP....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts