GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased and installed one of the Delkevic Exhaust Slip On Mufflers? If so, how is the fit and finish compared to other manufacturers? The Delkevic's have a very attractive price on eBay and look ok in the pictures, just wondering if someone has had any real world experience with one?

Thanks

·
Registered
974 Posts
Has anyone purchased and installed one of the Delkevic Exhaust Slip On Mufflers? If so, how is the fit and finish compared to other manufacturers? The Delkevic's have a very attractive price on eBay and look ok in the pictures, just wondering if someone has had any real world experience with one?

Thanks

I had one on my gsx 1400 and it was great, if I ever get around to making the link pipe for my GSXS then this will be my choice again, great price and the quality was as good as any other I have seen.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I had one on my gsx 1400 and it was great, if I ever get around to making the link pipe for my GSXS then this will be my choice again, great price and the quality was as good as any other I have seen.
always wanted a 1400.there not sold usa.......are they still made and how was the power......looks like a plush ride

·
Registered
974 Posts
always wanted a 1400.there not sold usa.......are they still made and how was the power......looks like a plush ride

They stopped making them finishing off with a nice looking special edition in 2008, they are rock solid but feel very heavy thus being one of the reasons I sold it for the GSXS , it had loads of torque and would keep up with the GSXS off the mark easily for a while , at 100kmh you change up to second gear but would only be doing 8000rpm cause it didn't do much after that in the revs, you could ride around town all day in only second gear easily , a great bike but again it just felt heavy for my light weight frame, the throttle response and fueling was awesome, no mods required, just leave it stock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts