GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking for elaborate difference analysis between 2017 and 2018 F model. In some cases I found that 2017 F model should have slipper clutch and better fuel mapping already. In some references these are added in 2018 model. So what is the reality?

I am asking because I have option to buy 2017 model brand new (showroom model) for 9200 EUR after taxes, however I am not sure.

Regards

T.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for elaborate difference analysis between 2017 and 2018 F model. In some cases I found that 2017 F model should have slipper clutch and better fuel mapping already. In some references these are added in 2018 model. So what is the reality?

I am asking because I have option to buy 2017 model brand new (showroom model) for 9200 EUR after taxes, however I am not sure.

Regards

T.
From the research i have done regarding press releases from that time the 2017 model was the year the crankcase ventilation was improved, blacked out hardware and slipper clutch were added as well as an updated ECU to address the fuelling.

·
Registered
634 Posts
My bike is a 17 and the fuelling was bad.
I had the bike tuned woolich and its great.
As far as I know the 17 and 18 are the same but I can't remember when but the later models got the katana throttle tube that uses a different cam profile to reduce throttle snatch.
Also from 17 on the bike produces more HP.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That seems like interesting news :) .. I do expect the throttle might need some care, however I have now V2 Aprilia Shiver 750, which was one of the first bikes with ride by wire. That bike requires some sensitive handling of right hand too.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
i ordered some EBC clutch springs for a gsxs1000 17 model , came with 5 springs , months later when I went to pop these in (which I won't be using ; waaayyy to stiff) my clutch has 6 springs , & 3 clutch cover bolts

i have the 18

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My bike is a 17 and the fuelling was bad.
I had the bike tuned woolich and its great.
As far as I know the 17 and 18 are the same but I can't remember when but the later models got the katana throttle tube that uses a different cam profile to reduce throttle snatch.
Also from 17 on the bike produces more HP.
2019 was the year that the Katana throttle tube came to the 1000.
The OP perhaps could be confused with years as everyone BUT the USA & Canada calls the model year the year it was introduced.

Example: The new GSX-S1K that gets released to viewing on March 26 2021, will if released in 2021 will be known as the 2021 model in EuroLand, BrexitLand, and Australia et al.
The North Americans will refer to it as the 2022 model in 2021. Same as their car marketing does.
I expect it is always about saying to a Customer in late 2022 that 'Yes, it a new 2022 bike, even though it may have been made in 2021" and looking for full price.
In Australia, we would expect a large discount as it would be instantly one year old come January 1 2022. Trade in's suffer in the same way too.

Rob.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
Solved the problem with questionable gsxs1000f by buying gsxs1000 2021. Brand new :) price under 10k (in czech republic). Signed the contract today.
2021? have you seen it? give us a picture 😉😂

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
need to add crash sliders and the small windshield .... and tankpad later for better traveling

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
looks identical so I assume this is a 2020 variant registered in 2021?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts