GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at options for alternate screens on my F. I want to use red as the detail colour on my grey F (I have rim stripes and levers on the way) and was considering a Powerbronze Iridium Red screen.

The thing about Powerbronze is that they custom make every order and the lead time to Australia is 8 weeks minimum. I've decided that I'm going to have a go at tinting the existing screen (which I like) myself, by using some translucent red vinyl wrap on the outside (designed for tinting head/tail lights).

It's a $20 investment that's easily reversible, so I figure it's worth the go. I'll post pictures once it's done.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm not sure about the custom making of every order. I was told the same thing by powerbronze aus re my tail tidy. I went to the U.K and US powerbronze sites and they have the stock levels indicated for each product, there were 21 tail tidys in stock.
There was no way I was gonna risk waiting 8 weeks so bought through the powerbronze US site and the tail tidy was here in less than two weeks.
The bizzare thing is I tried to buy from the UK site and was directed to the US site when I chose New Zealand for shipping.
My order was sent from the UK to the US then to New Zealand.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about the custom making of every order. I was told the same thing by powerbronze aus re my tail tidy. I went to the U.K and US powerbronze sites and they have the stock levels indicated for each product, there were 21 tail tidys in stock.
There was no way I was gonna risk waiting 8 weeks so bought through the powerbronze US site and the tail tidy was here in less than two weeks.
The bizzare thing is I tried to buy from the UK site and was directed to the US site when I chose New Zealand for shipping.
My order was sent from the UK to the US then to New Zealand.
The statement about custom making came directly from the Powerbronze rep here in Australia. I'm sure that some common items are pre-made, but an Iridium Red screen for a GSXS1000F would not be something they'd have on the shelf.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The statement about custom making came directly from the Powerbronze rep here in Australia. I'm sure that some common items are pre-made, but an Iridium Red screen for a GSXS1000F would not be something they'd have on the shelf.
Yeah it was the Aussie rep that told me 8 weeks for the tail tidybecause they would be custom making it, but fair point on the iridium red screen.
I do note that powerbronze UK says they will supply a screen within 28 days if its not in stock so I doubt you'd actually have to wait 8 weeks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts