GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings folks my first post here:) Kind of an emergency post heh heh..

I'm looking to buy a new Gixxess and I need to know if the 2017 is actually out in the US and is it built to the supposedly new specs with a little more HP and slipper clutch as posted about here?
I'm looking at what is represented as a 2017, but it has a build date of 9/16 and does not have the black levers and pegs referenced in the posts regarding the 2017s which might be a clue of a build change.

I wouldn't really care a lot except I can get a 2016 titled bike a little cheaper, but would take a 2017 if the changes were for real.

So does anybody have a 2017 titled bike here, and does it have the black levers as an indicator of a change? Also what's your bikes build date? I think the date was on the left side sticker of the bike I'm considering.

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I recommend you wait.

if you want to be sure to get the 2017 or 2018 model, they have introduced new color scheme like black and blue. and along with blacked out levers and footpegs as you said. and asper japanese suzuki site, slipper clutch and increase in power is confirmed, i just used google translate to find out. check it out yourselves.

heres a video released By a dealer few days ago showing the 2018 GSX S1000F with the new color and blacked out levers and foot pegs.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Hi Moleye,
The bike for the US market with the black levers as per CtrU's post is called 2018 year.

There was no 2017 model.

The 2016 was the 2015 with the new mapped ECU.
The 2014 had the original ECU.

So the one you are looking at is a 2016 as per the production plate. If a US Member has a better feel for your market, please correct me.

Rob.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Moleye,
The bike for the US market with the black levers as per CtrU's post is called 2018 year.

There was no 2017 model.

The 2016 was the 2015 with the new mapped ECU.
The 2014 had the original ECU.

So the one you are looking at is a 2016 as per the production plate. If a US Member has a better feel for your market, please correct me.

Rob.
Sorry Rob,

But mine is the 2016 model (it was built in the last part of 2015, 2016 matte grey colour), but it has the first version of ECU.
I'm thinking to sell mine and go for the 2018 model too...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, gents.

Crap. I don't think I can wait. To quote the immortal words of Tom Petty, " the waiaiting is the hardest part "..

·
Registered
987 Posts
I like the blacked-out parts. I wonder why they didn't carry that over the exhaust parts as well?

·
Registered
379 Posts
The bike is awesome - if you get one without the slipper clutch and 7HP, you will love it regardless. You can take a 2016 and tune the ECU - maybe you don't get extra PEAK 7HP, but you get more usable and smoother power.

I suggest you get the bike that looks the best - or which is a better deal - whichever is more important to you.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, based on the info based on replies to this post and a few searches of my own after being clued in, my theory is Suzuki will withhold the new version from the US market till they sell off their leftovers then probably market it as a 2018. I can report for certain they are just calling the leftovers 2017 now in some cases. They are all over Cycletrader dealers and my local dealers have both 2016 and 2017s listed, all 2016 spec models.

Wonder how many months it will take for the updated models to show up here.
Now that I can't get an upgraded model I want it more:)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Well, based on the info based on replies to this post and a few searches of my own after being clued in, my theory is Suzuki will withhold the new version from the US market till they sell off their leftovers then probably market it as a 2018. I can report for certain they are just calling the leftovers 2017 now in some cases. They are all over Cycletrader dealers and my local dealers have both 2016 and 2017s listed, all 2016 spec models.

Wonder how many months it will take for the updated models to show up here.
Now that I can't get an upgraded model I want it more:)
They're not really "leftovers" because they have different color schemes, and the dealers are not selling 2016 models as 2017s.
They are the same spec though.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Suzuki's website for USA shows the 2017 only available in grey. Cycle trader 'could' be using a stock photo from 2016? Considering the color seems to be the only basic change from 2016 to 2017, I don't see how a blue bike could be classified as a 2017 model year.

Edit: it looks like the 2017 'F' has the same mirrors as the 2016 naked bike, so maybe there's more than 1 change :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The colors for the 2 2017 marketed bikes I saw were the same 2016 colors, black and red.

My topic heading " does anybody in the US have a 2017 " was posted before I found out the 17's are the same as the 16's here, so the topic heading is actually obsolete, when what I really was trying to ask was " Does any body here in US have a new spec Gixxus ".

Bummer..

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The colors for the 2 2017 marketed bikes I saw were the same 2016 colors, black and red.

My topic heading " does anybody in the US have a 2017 " was posted before I found out the 17's are the same as the 16's here, so the topic heading is actually obsolete, when what I really was trying to ask was " Does any body here in US have a new spec Gixxus ".

Bummer..
Maybe you missed one of my posts, but neither model is the same color for 2016 and 2017
S100F colors
2017= Grey
2016=Red/Black or Blue
S1000 colors
2017=Red/Black
2016=Gray or Blue

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe you missed one of my posts, but neither model is the same color for 2016 and 2017
S100F colors
2017= Grey
2016=Red/Black or Blue
S1000 colors
2017=Red/Black
2016=Gray or Blue
Hi Mike, thanks for the replies, but aren't we saying the same thing, both the 2016 and the 2017 designated S1000 models come in Black with Red trim? I'm talking only about the S1000, haven't looked @ the F models..:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi Mike, thanks for the replies, but aren't we saying the same thing, both the 2016 and the 2017 designated S1000 models come in Black with Red trim? I'm talking only about the S1000, haven't looked @ the F models..:)
I don't understand - Suzuki USA's site shows only a grey option available for the naked 2017. Make sure you select 2017 vs 2016 on the main page. 2016 naked came in red/black and blue. 2017 comes in grey.

Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - GSX-S1000 - 2017 - GSXS1000A

1 - 20 of 33 Posts