GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Does it fit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i was wandering if the exhaust line and the slip-on of a gsx s1000 2016 would fit on my gsx s1000f 2018 because i want to decat the line, but i need the stock line in case i get f#cked by cops :)

Thanks for anwsers :)
Hope you have a nice day

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
21 is the same exact exhaust as the 20 and below yes.
BUT.
they added an extra catalytic converter inside the resonator+ they relocated the servo flap to behind the cat, (I think because they shoved extra cat) inside the exhaust pipe.

so yeah, 21+ should be considered a new iteration of exhaust.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
the yellow pieces in the new 21+ models, there used to be only 1, the smaller skinny one, and it was shorter, thats where your flapper is. - now they extended it, and put one in the resonator (2nd cat yellow) and look at the muffler, they put flapper servo thing before muffler, instead of before the resonator, the cats fully fill the area where the servo flapper used to be before resonator box.

but yes, other than that, should be all same exhaust- I personally wouldn't want the hassle of retrofitting the servo flapper or anything or relocating cables. just seems better to consider 2015-2020 a iteration, and 21+ next iteration

see here.
Hand Human body Gesture Finger Jewellery

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.