GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
****! And I just spent a thousand on Arrow full headers. Looking forward to hearing someone chime in after installation.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
How much louder we talking? Double? If so count me out. But like 5% id totally do it.
Yes, a lot louder, The end can does very little silencing in comparison the that heavy, ugly, restrictive box under the bike.

Just changing the slip on will make very little difference to the sound, once you get rid of the underneath box then changing the tail pipe can make a big difference to the quality and quantity of the sound

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am definitely interested. I have been planning on buying the Arrow headers but if this is good enough, I will definitely give it a try.

·
Registered
305 Posts
No a good option IMHO.
Cutting (destroying) the OEM exhuast is *not* a viable option in my world.

And BTW, the big OEM pot is *not* very restrictive.

You do not gain lots of power by installing a complete exhaust like Arrows.

I should know, as I have done it.

And looks? You do not see the pot unless you really want to see it.

Most bikes these days have these type of exhaust anyway.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No a good option IMHO.

I need more sound... bike not loud enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
No a good option IMHO.

The OEM "pot" may not be very restrictive but it does create enough heat....

Cutting (destroying) the OEM exhaust is *not* a viable option but spending a pile of cash for a whole new exhaust and dumping the stock exhaust in the corner of the garage is ok?
Just sayin....
I think its a bit of a stretch to say this mod "destroys" the whole OEM exhaust.

Yes, it will make the bike louder, similar to the after market exhausts but maybe slightly quieter.

Ive done many a full exhaust and I always wondered if the few hp gained was mostly the new tune that invariably went with it...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just what I was looking for also. I tried to find a web site but the closest I found was a Facebook page and I think it is in Polish LOL. The ebay page really has no reviews but it looks simple enough to install. Just wondering how long it will take to ship from where ever they are made to the US. At this price though I will probably just order one to see how it works out. It also brings up the question as to whether or not the stock muffler can be used since I suspect it terminates at the same place as the cat so any can made for the bike can be installed. It does look like Dominator makes cans but I don't see anything to suggest you have to use one of theirs.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The OEM "pot" may not be very restrictive but it does create enough heat....

Cutting (destroying) the OEM exhaust is *not* a viable option but spending a pile of cash for a whole new exhaust and dumping the stock exhaust in the corner of the garage is ok?
Just sayin....
I think its a bit of a stretch to say this mod "destroys" the whole OEM exhaust.

Yes, it will make the bike louder, similar to the after market exhausts but maybe slightly quieter.

Ive done many a full exhaust and I always wondered if the few hp gained was mostly the new tune that invariably went with it...
Money is no issue/not an issue for me.
But I see it obviously *is for those who want to save money* to go the cheap way with a pipe that you can buy/make a decat "solution" yourself :)

There are those who insists that the OEM "stash" is intact when it is time to trade inn for another bike. That is the main reason for me to not go the "cheap route".
And I see no point in "destroying" a almost new part just because it is "ugly", just to install a pipe to make more noise (attract coppers)
Why not go all the way and just cut it after the headers. Should get noticed and your neighbor will love you :)

You have a very good point in that the increase in HP is mostly due to tuning, not the fancy new exhaust.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts