GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needed a new rear tyre and the front is apparently misshaped.

I did have in mind the Pirelli Supercorsa SP V3 Tyres but the guy talked me around to having the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart III Tyres as they will do more miles etc,

I think my original ones were roadsmarts.

Anyone got the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart III Tyres and what do you think of them?

cheers

Registered
I have had two Roadsmart III 's on the rear. I liked them. They each did about 6500 to 6800 miles. I currently have a Roadsmart IV on the rear that is advertised as even longer wearing. For me its too soon to say. During all this time I have had Dunlop Q3+'s on the front. I like this combo.

The Roadsmart's are more akin to the Pirelli Angel GT.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had two Roadsmart III 's on the rear. I liked them. They each did about 6500 to 6800 miles. I currently have a Roadsmart IV on the rear that is advertised as even longer wearing. For me its too soon to say. During all this time I have had Dunlop Q3+'s on the front. I like this combo.

The Roadsmart's are more akin to the Pirelli Angel GT.
nice, looks they are worth the 拢350 fitted then lol

just hope to get some better weather to run them in 馃憤馃徎

Registered
I use Roadsmart 3鈥檚 on my Vfr750. A great tire. Good grip, last a long time with consistent wear. Didn鈥檛 start to square off until about 8 thousand miles. After that at slow speeds making turns you can feel they鈥檙e slightly squared. At higher speeds they feel fine.

Had them also on a cbr600f4i. Same again, handled well, lasted well.

I intend to put them on the gsxs when the stock tires wear out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use Roadsmart 3鈥檚 on my Vfr750. A great tire. Good grip, last a long time with consistent wear. Didn鈥檛 start to square off until about 8 thousand miles. After that at slow speeds making turns you can feel they鈥檙e slightly squared. At higher speeds they feel fine.

Had them also on a cbr600f4i. Same again, handled well, lasted well.

I intend to put them on the gsxs when the stock tires wear out.
looks like I made the right decision then 馃憤馃徎 I think the tyres that was on my bike was the original roadsmarts that came with the bike from new 2017, the rear had squared off too at 4,600 miles, it was smooth in the middle.

I鈥檝e only had the bike a year and done 500 miles, so I thought it would of been at least an advisory for the rear tyre on the last mot but it wasn鈥檛, must of just worn down very fast in them 500miles.

will be collecting it lasted today 馃槂

Registered
Your gsxs came new with roadsmarts? Must be a uk specific thing, my 2016 gsxs came with dunlops but they weren't roadsmarts, I think they were called D214 or something like that. Wore out really fast. The 2022 gsxs comes with the roadsport 2 which seems to be a cheaper version of the roadsmart with worse longevity.

Registered
Replaced stock d214 to a RSIII and did 6.500km trip on them, from them 2000kms with a pillion and 1500-2000kms with speed over 160kms/h.
Price was around 220鈧 per set and i think it was a super nice offer, coz michelins road 5 was 350鈧.

RS3 has more grip than standard d214 - rear was slippering around 100km/h at full throttle on 2nd gear, now it goes to a wheelie ;)

but please be careful on wet road markings, still very dangerous.

and yes, stock tires became dead at 6.000kms, RS3 i guess will do 12.000-15.000 kms, depending on speed and acceleration of course ;) mine just started to become squared.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Replaced stock d214 to a RSIII and did 6.500km trip on them, from them 2000kms with a pillion and 1500-2000kms with speed over 160kms/h.
Price was around 220鈧 per set and i think it was a super nice offer, coz michelins road 5 was 350鈧.

RS3 has more grip than standard d214 - rear was slippering around 100km/h at full throttle on 2nd gear, now it goes to a wheelie ;)

but please be careful on wet road markings, still very dangerous.

and yes, stock tires became dead at 6.000kms, RS3 i guess will do 12.000-15.000 kms, depending on speed and acceleration of course ;) mine just started to become squared.
Awesome 馃憣馃徎, How many miles to wear them in would you say? Only done 15 miles in them so far before it started to rain 馃檮

Registered
Awesome 馃憣馃徎, How many miles to wear them in would you say? Only done 15 miles in them so far before it started to rain 馃檮
All standard, I guess 50kms on twisty road to get outer surface off will be enough. Outer surface is quite smooth after vulcanisation during production, you just need to ride a bit to make it eneven. Just look at tire surface and compare with a chicken stripes to see the difference =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts