GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had another Dyno run with Arrow headers, standard can, O2 eliminator, Exhaust servo eliminator and a Boosterplug. 150.44rwhp

Happy to see it isn't overfueling with the Boosterplug, in fact it could do with a bit more.

Green line was as standard, Red line is current.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Is'nt that the problem with it? You start off with fueling that is not right, spend 150 , and end up with fueling thats still not right?

It might be closer, but the 4.00 dollar radio shack resistor would have done that, too. In fact, the resistor may do it better if yo u want a fuel increase everywhere.

The gsxr 1000 make more power once it had 10,000 miles on it. Ill bet this bike is the same. No complaints with what you have, so far, but it will probably get better as time goes on.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is'nt that the problem with it? You start off with fueling that is not right, spend 150 , and end up with fueling thats still not right?

It might be closer, but the 4.00 dollar radio shack resistor would have done that, too. In fact, the resistor may do it better if yo u want a fuel increase everywhere.

The gsxr 1000 make more power once it had 10,000 miles on it. Ill bet this bike is the same. No complaints with what you have, so far, but it will probably get better as time goes on.
I'll be honest I gave the boosterplug a try as it significantly cheaper than a PCV and endless time on a dyno which was the other direction I was thinking of heading. The tuner actually told me he wouldn't expect to get much more with a power commander and if it was his money he would be happy with it as is.
My main concern was the possibility of overfueling at the top end with the boosterplug but not sure how you would get much more fuel in unless you have the second row of injectors like the GSXR.

·
Registered
451 Posts
You would be surprised at how much these injectors can flow, and/or how little we use them. And you brought up a cool point with dual vs single injectors.

They are awesome little pieces. There is no variable ...well, lets do better. They are an on/off switch. Either 100% open, or 100% closed. No in between.

The twin injector is used as much for where it shoots the fuel in as opposed to actually needing the amount doubled.

At 12,000 rpm, we might be at a point where its open 70% of the time.

But, as you have guessed, if its capable of keeping the engine supplied at 12,000, there would be no problem with adding 50% more fuel, at 6000, if needed.

Thats not to say a powercomamnder is an answer, anymore. Now, we need access to timing.

I'll steal this from Motocross Action with regards to dual injectors. I could not think of a simple way to say this, and they did...

(10) Mutually dependent. On a single-injector engine, the engineers must figure out an average lag time and increase the pulse width accordingly to cover all the bases. With two simultaneously operating injectors, the pickup delay can easily be covered up by the difference between fuel traveling a short distance and fuel coming from farther away. One thing is certain: dual injectors are here to stay, because they work on an engine that makes power from 5000 rpm to 13,000 rpm.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Anyone else had there's dyno'd?
Not yet but may do in a couple months when the weather improves here and I'll see what happens with the ECU replacements and If it doesn't happen with good results then i am looking at getting a dyno with an ECU Reflash with Dynobike in Melbourne

·
Registered
593 Posts
WOW!! Flashtune or Woolich?
I don't know what tech they used (I'm lead to believe it's their own) but these guys were the only place I found in the UK that had the ability at that time and had a very good reputation.

The first run (green) has an exceptionally lean AFR at low revs, but I believe this is because PAIR is still active, second and third runs have it disabled as part of the remap.

The intention was to smooth out the snatchy throttle which kept wanting to eject me of the back of the bike at the most inappropriate times (although according to some, it must have been my poor riding skills not the bikes poor fueling / throttle response :D) and it has certainly achieved that... very happy with it since the remap

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks Martin. Good to see some sensible results although not sure your first run was right, mine was 142 stock.
The actual numbers can be a bit immaterial as it depends on the dyno setup and correction factor they use. The important part is to compare multiple runs on the same bike under the same conditions. +10 RWHP was a happy bonus for what I wanted to achieve.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Thanks Martin. Good to see some sensible results although not sure your first run was right, mine was 142 stock.
different dynos give different results it seems ,you would think they would all be calibrated to give the same result but it appears not from what we have seen.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It also depends on what the tuner is trying to prove! The sheet he gave me when I had the first run was 139 when I was thinking about getting a PCV but when I went back for it's most recent run showed that the saved run was 142. If I had chosen for him to tune it he would have been able to claim that 3hp without doing anything ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
GixxerKev,
I noticed on the previous page that you have an O2 sensor eliminator fitted. I have searched on Ebay, Googled and am unable to source an O2 sensor eliminator anywhere.
Could you please advise me where you sourced the O2 sensor eliminator.
I also have a Booster Plug and a throttle tamer fitted which has improved the sensitive throttle and almost eliminated the rough running at almost closed throttle around the 2000 to 3500 RPM range so thought an O2 sensor telling the ECU that it's in Lambda wouldn't do any harm.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GixxerKev,
I noticed on the previous page that you have an O2 sensor eliminator fitted. I have searched on Ebay, Googled and am unable to source an O2 sensor eliminator anywhere.
Could you please advise me where you sourced the O2 sensor eliminator.
I also have a Booster Plug and a throttle tamer fitted which has improved the sensitive throttle and almost eliminated the rough running at almost closed throttle around the 2000 to 3500 RPM range so thought an O2 sensor telling the ECU that it's in Lambda wouldn't do any harm.
o2 Oxygen Lambda Sensor Eliminator For Suzuki GSXS 1000 GSX-S 1000 L6 2016 | eBay

The same from a GSXR1000 fits.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts