GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fitted my new power commander and quickshifter but the quickshifter isn't working at all. I turned it on on the settings and screwed it into the right input, changed setting from normally open to normally closed but still no joy.
I have tested the sensor and it seems to work ok.
It's the right sensor for the gsx, think it's 4114
Cheers Rich

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
i had same problem
As the gearbox of the gsx it´s silk smooth and the gear shifting leverage offer quite no resistance

first of all :
try when you are in six gear to upshift in "seven" in case all working properly you will feel it
sensor must be bolted with torque near 8-10 nm

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had same problem
As the gearbox of the gsx it´s silk smooth and the gear shifting leverage offer quite no resistance

first of all :
try when you are in six gear to upshift in "seven" in case all working properly you will feel it
sensor must be bolted with torque near 8-10 nm
Doesn't cut the fuel when I try to go up into 7th

·
Registered
333 Posts
something is wrong with your setup in this case ...

·
Registered
974 Posts
Have you put a meter on the switch to see if it is working?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yes the shifter is switching, had the meter on ohms and you can see the resistance changing when shifting.

I have never had a quick shifter myself but may get one soon so I'm only guessing things for you to get it resolved , does the rod need adjusting so it switches just before the shift lever stops it from going into gear so it cuts the fuel at the correct time? I have a PCV so I'll have a look at the settings of the PCV tonight for you

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have never had a quick shifter myself but may get one soon so I'm only guessing things for you to get it resolved , does the rod need adjusting so it switches just before the shift lever stops it from going into gear so it cuts the fuel at the correct time? I have a PCV so I'll have a look at the settings of the PCV tonight for you
I adjusted the rod to the exact same length as it was before, 121mm between the rose joints iirc. Shifting is fine apart from quickshifter/pcv not cutting the fuel thus it won't change gear with throttle.

Only thing I have noticed is when the program is on the laptop it has no idea which gear im in, just says 0. I only connected the injector plugs, tps and earth. On the settings it says gear dependant or something like that. Perhaps I need to connect the other inputs? Or change it from gear dependant to what ever the other setting is?
Feels like I'm clutching at straws though

·
Registered
974 Posts
Try contacting Dynojet. They know more about their product and what could go wrong with it than any of us.
Yes I agree as they are usually quick to respond
Also looking at the software now did you look in the help menu, go to the index and scroll down to quickshifter and their is a good amount on how to set up, it looks like you can turn the gear dependant off

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
when i was researching quickshifter i read there are two modes one gear dependent and the other egnores gear. If you have not selected the correct mode and have not connected the gear sensor wire to your PC5 then it will think it is in gear 0 and there is no settings for a gear 0. I belive if you select the non gear dependent mode it will start working. Or connect the gear sensor wires acording to the install guide and it should then know its in 1N23456 and will work acording to your specific cut times per gear.

i did not go with this solution as i chose Healtec and i am very happy with mine but as i said i did research PC5 route before i decided.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try changing the RPM to 5000. 5000 is a random RPM to see if your setting is too low.

·
Registered
974 Posts
These are the settings that were on it when I got it

What is the other option/s with the gear dependant pull down?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts