GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been conversing with John from Eagle Screens here in Perth, and can report that there is good news, and bad. Firstly for the naked guys, the news is bad. Eagle has no intention (at this stage) of making a flyscreen for the naked bike. For us F guys, however, the news is somewhat better. They would like to offer a screen for the bike, but the following needs to happen;

1. Someone needs to donate a stock screen, from which a mould can be produced. I've offered mine, so this is covered-off.
2. We need 3 of us to place an order for this to be viable. The price is currently estimated at $100, plus GST.

As the first customers, we also have the opportunity to help design the result. I'm personally looking for something only a little larger than the stock screen, but not a massive touring monstrosity, though I'm happy to work with others to come up with something that will suit the majority of us.

Below is a sample of the tints/colours on offer. Is anyone here interested in getting something made here in Australia?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice one Rod, good looking out for all.
Although I am not interested in one of these as I have the naked version, may I suggest, if you are looking at keeping the screen relatively low, looking at screen with a raised lip to deflect the wind above your helmet (similar to what they offer on a Sports bike, besides the double bubble).
something to look at next time you are liaising with them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although I am not interested in one of these as I have the naked version, may I suggest, if you are looking at keeping the screen relatively low, looking at screen with a raised lip to deflect the wind above your helmet (similar to what they offer on a Sports bike, besides the double bubble).
Thanks for the suggestion Tez. I'll talk to them about that idea when we formalise the design.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, I've had no takers. It's unlikely that we'll be able to progress now, given the cost will be prohibitive to have one made just for myself.

·
Registered
285 Posts
naked screens

Well Even though eagle not doing a screen for the naked Ermax has a very mad max too far out there screen for my taste. MRA screens available from pro accessories in QLD have a brilliant looking fly screen .I know what my xmas present to me is going to be.Ermax has some fantastic looking bling for the naked their site definitely worth a look . Best looking pipe I've seen so far........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well Even though eagle not doing a screen for the naked Ermax has a very mad max too far out there screen for my taste. MRA screens available from pro accessories in QLD have a brilliant looking fly screen .I know what my xmas present to me is going to be.Ermax has some fantastic looking bling for the naked their site definitely worth a look . Best looking pipe I've seen so far........

I agree, I am currently awaiting for my rear seat cowl from Ermax (ordered through Frozzies Bling Factory in NSW)
also looking at getting a Quick shift from Annitori in the states (stand Alone unit)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts