GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a complete set of EBC Double H sintered pads for the front and rear of my '20 GSX-S1000. I believe these are a good option for hard street use, without being an all out race pad. Originally, I wanted to go with the SBS RS/RST sintered pads, but they only offer them for the front and not the rear. Whenever possible, I prefer to run a matched set of pads front and rear. The added benefit of the EBC's over the SBS pads is that they're considerably less expensive. I paid $110 shipped for both fronts and the rear set, whereas the SBS were $110 before shipping just for the front two sets.

I'm hoping for more initial bite from the pads, as well as shorter stopping distances when applying an equal amount of pressure to the brake lever as before. I understand these pads may result in more noise and a decrease in brake rotor service life when compared to the OEM Suzuki/Brembo pads, but if they offer a noticeable improvement in performance, I'm okay with that. I'm also thinking the harder compound of the EBC's should produce less brake dust then the factory pads, which is great because my wheels seem to be a magnet for dust coming off the current OEM pads.

Does anyone here have any experience with the EBC Double H pads? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great upgrade, much more bite, didn’t notice increased brake dust. I would recommend going with steel lines as well. I did both the above and brakes are awesome.
Thanks for the reply, Rapido. I've been thinking about doing braided lines, as well, but it seems I've read many accounts of guys saying it was a massive pain to install them because of the ABS. Not exactly sure what issues they had, but I don't think it would be any more difficult then replacing brake lines on an ABS equipped car, which I've done quite a few times before. Does your bike have ABS and did you have any difficulty installing or bleeding your lines?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just ordered a complete set of EBC Double H sintered pads for the front and rear of my '20 GSX-S1000. I believe these are a good option for hard street use, without being an all out race pad. Originally, I wanted to go with the SBS RS/RST sintered pads, but they only offer them for the front and not the rear. Whenever possible, I prefer to run a matched set of pads front and rear. The added benefit of the EBC's over the SBS pads is that they're considerably less expensive. I paid $110 shipped for both fronts and the rear set, whereas the SBS were $110 before shipping just for the front two sets.

I'm hoping for more initial bite from the pads, as well as shorter stopping distances when applying an equal amount of pressure to the brake lever as before. I understand these pads may result in more noise and a decrease in brake rotor service life when compared to the OEM Suzuki/Brembo pads, but if they offer a noticeable improvement in performance, I'm okay with that. I'm also thinking the harder compound of the EBC's should produce less brake dust then the factory pads, which is great because my wheels seem to be a magnet for dust coming off the current OEM pads.

Does anyone here have any experience with the EBC Double H pads? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
I had those pads on my old Kawasaki ZX 9R and they were great. Many miles of mixed street and track day use, I sold the bike with 46,000. For tack days I used a set of wheels with soft tires and the EBC disks.

No disk wear problems, some noise at initial application, but I got to like it. I will put them on my GSX S1000 when the time comes.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had those pads on my old Kawasaki ZX 9R and they were great. Many miles of mixed street and track day use, I sold the bike with 46,000. For tack days I used a set of wheels with soft tires and the EBC disks.

No disk wear problems, some noise at initial application, but I got to like it. I will put them on my GSX S1000 when the time comes.
Thanks for the info, man. I've heard from a couple different guys that these pads kinda suck at first, but once they start to bed in, they have an awesome initial bite and great stopping power.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
66 Posts
Thanks for the info, man. I've heard from a couple different guys that these pads kinda suck at first, but once they start to bed in, they have an awesome initial bite and great stopping power.
Yeah I had EBC on my Indian and can confirm I felt the same, took 2/3 days of disappointment but then they started biting and it was a world of difference!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts