GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys :) hope everyone is good

just a quick one, i'm due to get a replacement ecu and i have the yoshi can that came with it, should there be a different map on the ecu for that can over the standard one or will it just be the same map as standard? don't really want the dealer to take the piss out of me that all and i can't seem to find any info on it.

2nd question, i have tried looking all over the forum but to no avail, does anyone have a picture of which pins i need to stick a wire in on the service plug in order to do the tps adjustment.

cheers in advance for any info :) love this forum so far, you guys are pretty cool

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought that was right, just wanted to double check, i take it the service plug is a pretty standard plug across the suzuki range?? (sorry its my first suzuki),

also don't suppose anyone knows anything about if there is a different map set at the dealers for the yoshi can??

·
Registered
437 Posts
Won't need a different map for can as its only a slip on. You need to remove the big fugly box underneath

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i thought that but i have heard one or two people mention it but wanted to ask on here first as theres a lot more knowledgeable people :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
It will be fine with stock map. But the bike runs lean from standard anyway. Advancing the TPS to ‾C00 will yield slightly better results even on a stock bike. If you loosen the T25 torx mounting bolt and the sensor housing is turned counter clockwise the computer will think the throttle is open further then it really is. This will make your bike run richer for free!! No piggy back or tune from a dealer. And no paying 100$ for a magic tune.
The difference is immediately noticable. I just tried it last night.

·
Registered
647 Posts
It will be fine with stock map. But the bike runs lean from standard anyway. Advancing the TPS to ‾C00 will yield slightly better results even on a stock bike. If you loosen the T25 torx mounting bolt and the sensor housing is turned counter clockwise the computer will think the throttle is open further then it really is. This will make your bike run richer for free!! No piggy back or tune from a dealer. And no paying 100$ for a magic tune.
The difference is immediately noticable. I just tried it last night.
Which part are you referring to here?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts