GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
My bike is quiet at idle but nice time on wot.

cold start tomorrow might be loud lol. It is completely dry in those cylinders

but you’ll hear it step down and then idle warm.
You are correct the oem is basically straight pipe

but there’s one thing you aren’t factoring. I left my butterfly valve intact and operational. So it’s partially closed cruising around etc. keeps the volume down.
Aftermarket won’t have any flaps, you can lock it open. But i like it imo. Noise reducer and supposedly it helps create back pressure in low rpms

·
Registered
846 Posts
I want the m4 for deeper tone (I would think), and options for quieter inserts available. If I went decat I would think that would be the loudest since people keep saying the stock muffler is essentially a straight pipe. I leave my house at 520 am and get home at 830pm. Can't piss the wife off to much.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
The m4 full system won't allow for slip on options if you weren't already aware.
A decat allows any aftermarket slip on to be easily installed and is still a cheaper option depending on which brand slip on you go for.
You could simply lower the volume with a longer muffler and baffle.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am aware. I like the look of the m4 system actually. If I went decat I would change slip on. But I do not like that torque dip which keeps bring me back to the m4 system. But if it's not noticeable with a decat and the bike sounds good saving 600 is definitely appealing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am pretty sure my phone can record my dash while I ride. Lol I have a phone Mount.

wanr me to take out and rip it? You can see rpms and I can do a pull in any gear. Do a nice long 2md or 3rd gear pull let you watch the rpm and speed.
If it’s warm I’m going out anyway

·
Registered
63 Posts
No. The difference is that an ECU reflash alters the factory tables for engine management. A simplistic explanation is the reflash is like electrically changing the mechanical jets in a carburetor for fueling changes and the weights in a distributor the timing changes, among other things. The power commander intercepts the signals from the factory (or modified) ECU to the injectors. It then tweaks the injector signals to provide a set air/fuel ratio based on exhaust gas readings.

Not necessarily. The piggy back may be somewhat crude, and outdated from the aspect it was a way to change ECU signals before the ECU itself could be changed. The advantage to PCV is it can provide dynamic changes to engine management system (injector timing) that the ECU reflash cannot. The ECU reflash is static. Once changed, that's it. If not perfect, it never will be. Theoretically at least, the PCV can compensate if not perfect.

Having said that, I went with Woolich and the autotune, which is another option. Not dynamic like a PCV. But I can make recordings with the log box, then when done riding, reflash the ECU based on the saved recordings. Sort of like a hybrid between ECU reflash and PCV piggy back.

Really, the best way to go is probably multiple ECU reflashes and dyno tunes. What Dano, Moore Mafia, etc. do is shortcut individual bike dyno runns and flash with bike tunes from identical bikes set up in the past. Is your bike identical to the bike used for the tune installed by a particular company? No. Does it matter? Probably not. As the saying goes, YMMV.
This is why i have looked at tuners near me that actually Dyno the bike before changing the ECU. BSD in peterborough are getting the pleasure of messing with my bike next month..

·
Registered
236 Posts
I failed you.
I think I got the covid today. I couldn’t even make it to dental. Was dead today. Missed a beautiful, first 71 degree day out.

I will bring back out tomorrow for sure and let it turnon and sound clip. I apologize

·
Registered
73 Posts
I failed you.
I think I got the covid today. I couldn’t even make it to dental. Was dead today. Missed a beautiful, first 71 degree day out.

I will bring back out tomorrow for sure and let it turnon and sound clip. I apologize
It's all good. I hope you didn't. I am a icu nurse and deal with those patient. The vid sucks. Wish you a healthy recovery.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's all good. I hope you didn't. I am a icu nurse and deal with those patient. The vid sucks. Wish you a healthy recovery.

I already had covid, my entire house hold has had it a few times now. Me my gf and two room mates, it’s been cycling through is pretty nonstop. No ones been sick recently but **** I got it, and my gf who’s at her moms for week said she woke up with same symptoms. Crummy.

we aren’t a high risk category, she’s 21 and I’m 30 and so on. My room mates are 25 all pretty healthy.
It’s weird though, my tongue even though havnt ate anything (just had roommate snag me apple juice and apples.

my tongue/mouthfeels weird as ****. Like burnt/pain/numb in my jaws and mouth.
Odd really.

Caramel and apples baby’ bring it on.

I did just toss my motorcycle helmet pads in the laundry wash. Havnt done it.... in years...tho they didn’t look bad. Will be much appreciated

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
I haven't decatted ir omitted the servo / o2 sensor but feckked off that 7kg turkey tray & threw in a power commander which auto adjusted the fuel timings - Look at how that works its the best route for me, as it works & is easy to revert back to stock if you want / need to

·
Registered
2020 GSXS-1000
10 Posts
I have a few questions if you don't mind. I'm new to this whole forum thing and really don't know how to use it. That being said I tried searching for the answer myself but to no avail. I went to decat my bike the other day and found this connected to the pipe. The cable runs all the way up under the tank as well. Can I get rid of this and how do I go about doing that? Any answers would be awesome. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 GSXS-1000
10 Posts
I have a few questions if you don't mind. I'm new to this whole forum thing and really don't know how to use it. That being said I tried searching for the answer myself but to no avail. I went to decat my bike the other day and found this connected to the pipe. The cable runs all the way up under the tank as well. Can I get rid of this and how do I go about doing that? Any answers would be awesome. Thanks
Also, what is this, lol?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its the exhaust servo valve, if you get rid of it (leave it off) you will get a fault code on the dash, if you are using Black widow headers they come with a replacement part that tricks the servo into thinking its still there. You probably can get this else where..

·
Registered
2020 GSXS-1000
10 Posts
Its the exhaust servo valve, if you get rid of it (leave it off) you will get a fault code on the dash, if you are using Black widow headers they come with a replacement part that tricks the servo into thinking its still there. You probably can get this else where..
I just had the ECU flashed and told them I was decating the bike as well as getting an exhaust. Do you think they took the servo valve into consideration when they flashed it?

·
Registered
2020 GSXS-1000
10 Posts
Also, do I just disconnect the cables at both ends and toss it?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am sorry dude, I am down for the count. 70+ degree days, and couldn't even mosey into the garage to even look at the bike let alone pull it out. my gf and me are both down.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just had the ECU flashed and told them I was decating the bike as well as getting an exhaust. Do you think they took the servo valve into consideration when they flashed it?
just leave it connected, ride around. if it runs fine, leave it. the tune isn't going to be bothered by the slight back pressure at low throttle openings. if you feel, afterwards that you think it would be smoother with it off, disconnect it, and compare. you may like it on or off more. who knows. don't think the tune has any impact on the servo, its indifferent of what's going on with fueling.

its only being used in low throttle opening positions/putting around neighborhood in low rpms.

if you are WOT or aggressive, the butterflies should be open fully anyway. not really an hindrance.

·
Registered
2020 GSXS-1000
10 Posts
just leave it connected, ride around. if it runs fine, leave it. the tune isn't going to be bothered by the slight back pressure at low throttle openings. if you feel, afterwards that you think it would be smoother with it off, disconnect it, and compare. you may like it on or off more. who knows. don't think the tune has any impact on the servo, its indifferent of what's going on with fueling.

its only being used in low throttle opening positions/putting around neighborhood in low rpms.

if you are WOT or aggressive, the butterflies should be open fully anyway. not really an hindrance.
I know I can't cut the cat off without removing the servo. I'm lost, lol. Should I just remove it and get that servo buddy thing? Also, if I remove the servo, won't it leave a hole in the header?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts