GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know I can't cut the cat off without removing the servo. I'm lost, lol. Should I just remove it and get that servo buddy thing? Also, if I remove the servo, won't it leave a hole in the header?
What?
I cut the cat out, and I kept the servo...

·
Registered
846 Posts
I know I can't cut the cat off without removing the servo. I'm lost, lol. Should I just remove it and get that servo buddy thing? Also, if I remove the servo, won't it leave a hole in the header?
[/QUOTE
All of the decat link pipes cut past the exhaust valve so you can leave it connected if you wish.
If you decide to remove the cables and associated motor you can just wire it so it stays open at all times though as mentioned you will need to add a servo eliminator or disable it via a flash.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am sorry dude, I am down for the count. 70+ degree days, and couldn't even mosey into the garage to even look at the bike let alone pull it out. my gf and me are both down.
No worries. Feel better, not sure when I will do the exhaust and tune. I keep going back and forth.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I cannot stress enough. The moore mafia tune OVER the PC5, decat (I drilled out my header and used the ebay link pipe). I will post up a vid. This thing is literally insane from a power standpoint after the moore mafia tune. 1-3 wheelies for days. Plus it sounds amazing. Cold start vid post later! :)

·
Registered
2020 GSXS-1000
10 Posts
All of the decat link pipes cut past the exhaust valve so you can leave it connected if you wish.
If you decide to remove the cables and associated motor you can just wire it so it stays open at all times though as mentioned you will need to add a servo eliminator or disable it via a flash.
So I just got my ECU back from Moore Mafia. I attached it and started up the bike. Everything seemed to work fine but then I went to throw the box it came in away and I found this note buried under the wrapping. My first question is, did I screw up the bike or ECU by doing that and not following the instructions? I've looked and looked all over the interwebs and can't find out how to find my o2 sensor. Any idea where that's at?

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
You’re fine you don’t “have” to remove it.
Your o2 stays in place, it’s disabled in the coding. If you remove it you’ll have a hole you’ll need to plug

didn’t harm anything. In long run idk if the o2 sensor goes bad from not being used. Doesn’t harm the bike leaving it in though.

·
Registered
2020 GSXS-1000
10 Posts
You’re fine
Your o2 stays in place, it’s disabled in the coding. If you remove it you’ll have a hole you’ll need to plug

didn’t harm anything
I have to ask. Why does it say to remove the o2 sensor?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have to ask. Why does it say to remove the o2 sensor?
It’s optional. He had it disabled, so it’s no longer closed loop:using o2 sensor for afr.

the o2 sensor is no longer doing anything. Leaving it in isn’t doing anything other than small obstacle in exhausr. If you remove it, just plug it with a little bung plug.

if he leaves it in, less work he has to do

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
if your putting in your own full system you may want to block of the AIS - There's a video by "To mod or not to Mod" explaining this.

It will reduce (possibly eliminate - but I doubt it) the pops & farts

I've drilled out the stock Baffle , cut part of the cat out , not all & installed a link pipe - Pops & crackles like a rice crispy factory but only on deceleration , particularly in 3rd gear - i quite like it 😁 - I've just decided to block off the ais via a blanking plug to the hose and Airbox - don't see the need to purchase plates.

as you asked ;

O2 sensor is visible from the left hand side of the bike , looking at the exhaust near the bottom of the suspension / engine

·
Registered
13 Posts
I left the o2 sensor plugged in and cut the cable about 3 inches out and removed the top portion of the cable since I didn't have a plug that was the right size.... I will post up a vid of the moore mafia crackles and pops on decel. It sounds soo mean and there is most certainly newly discovered power. Throttle response is totally different. Anyone else have exhaust vids?

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
400 Posts
I left the o2 sensor plugged in and cut the cable about 3 inches out and removed the top portion of the cable since I didn't have a plug that was the right size.... I will post up a vid of the moore mafia crackles and pops on decel. It sounds soo mean and there is most certainly newly discovered power. Throttle response is totally different. Anyone else have exhaust vids?

·
Registered
236 Posts
At idle. It really isn’t much louder than stock or driving around low rpms, due to flapper I think. But wot, it comes out loud and deep. Idk how video shows it but it also wasn’t under load. Just idle

·
Registered
73 Posts
At idle. It really isn’t much louder than stock or driving around low rpms, due to flapper I think. But wot, it comes out loud and deep. Idk how video shows it but it also wasn’t under load. Just idle
Thank you for the videos. It sounds more aggressive for sure. I like it.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

41 - 58 of 58 Posts