GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in the U.S. that I can send my ECU to for a Reflash?

From the research I have done here, all I can find are systems that the owner must do himself. I want to send mine out, have it flashed, and send back to me.

Ivan doesn’t have flash for the GSX S1000.

Reco’s appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is there anyone in the U.S. that I can send my ECU to for a Reflash?

From the research I have done here, all I can find are systems that the owner must do himself. I want to send mine out, have it flashed, and send back to me.

Ivan doesn’t have flash for the GSX S1000.

Reco’s appreciated. Thanks.
I just sent my ECU to schnitz racing for my ZX10R and noticed they had a flash available for the GSXS as well.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Shoot an email to FTECU and they can recommend someone locally to save you the downtime. They did for me but I ended up just buying the kit and doing it myself.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just sent my ECU to schnitz racing for my ZX10R and noticed they had a flash available for the GSXS as well.
Wheelz, I just searched on the Schnitz website and found the ECU flashing, but no GSX S1000 offered. The only Suzuki’s listed were GSXR 600 & 750. Where did you see it? I did send them an email.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Mailed mine off to danos performance last night, I chose him because his excellent flash on my other bike. It ran so much better and smooth, I trust him with my gsxs as well. Talked to him and he’s had quite a few of these at his shop to get a good map made out for stock, he can adjust for small changes. Any drastic will need custom dyno. I am not a fan of generic flashes but tell you what, his fuel maps he loaded on my other bike was nothing short of excellent.

My friend sent his to don guhl that everyone raves about and he spent $500 and my 100 dollar flash ran so much better than his. Diff bikes diff people though.

Not a fan of power commanders and having boxed units.

http://www.danosperformance.com/ECU Flashing.htm

Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ECU Flash Service (2015-17 models)

Dano's Performance is now offering our ECU Flash Service for the 2015-17 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 models. Our ECU flash will remove all the factory restrictions and we will down load a custom tune to match your exhaust and air filter combination. The following is a list of features that are available with our ECU Flash Service:

Optimize fuel curves across all gears (similar to a Power Commander)
Optimize ignition curves across all gears (Remove gear based ignition timing restrictions)
Remove throttle plate restrictions
Reset radiator fan turn on/off (205/195)
Remove top speed limiter
Disable pair valve---- do a marble in your line from airbox and it will stop backfiring off decel this will turn the ecu code fault off
Disable exhaust valve ----- Im personally leave this on for noise restriction.
Disable deceleration fuel cut
Disable O2 sensor------ im also leaving this on, no reason not too if you do any distance trips on it. it gets to stoic and runs at best mileage

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome! The link is perfect.

Do I leave abled or disable the PAIR Valve and exhaust valve servo motor if I only have a slip on?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks Freedom, I will contact Dano’s as well. All my flashes prior I disabled the O2 sensor and plugged the hole in pipe, why do you prefer to leave it enabled?

Several people including dano told me this.

O2 sensor only goes in effect for stoic mode (its like stoiccartric) optimal fuel/burn ratio for mpg when you are cruising a set speed. ie. you are cracking the throttle running around town, O2 will not engage. but you are going steady 65mph on highway for awhile, o2 sets in, will keep the rpm lower and burn efficiently. the second you crack that throttle, o2 disengages the idle mode and goes to kick ass.

I kept it on my gsxr 750 and it is a monster when play, but when I cruise steadily, get awesome mpg. don't notice a difference really. When you are just steadily cruising, why do you want the o2 off ya know?

Will post a pic in 2 minutes of the marble right now give me a second

·
Registered
694 Posts
Freedom, on the link you sent, it appears Dano’s does not list a GSX S1000

very bottom of page bud. its there. I told him about the change in ecu from 17 to 18, and he looked at the models etc, said the change is probably just fuel mapping that he changes anyway. nothing that will impact his changes, mainly internal changes to model numbers.

Lol I just quoted that directly from his page

The pics, show what hose im talking about, I simply unplugged it, crammed a little marble down in it, then clipped back up, and put clip back on. It isn't coming off. the marble is to show where it is in the line. The system pushes air thru airbox into that line, goes down into cat and feeds air to unburnt gas.

I normally would of taken airbox off and taken it all out, and plugged 3 holes. 1 in airbox, and 2 on bottom of bike but I really didnt feel like doing it all right now. If I change spark plugs one day I'll remove the system then. Marble does the exact same thing

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I see it now, thanks Freedom. Still waiting for the marble photos.

Great info guys, at least I have 2 to choose from now, and very cool I got info I was requesting all within an hour of posting! Gotta love the Forum!

·
Registered
694 Posts
I see it now, thanks Freedom. Still waiting for the marble photos.

Great info guys, at least I have 2 to choose from now, and very cool I got info I was requesting all within an hour of posting! Gotta love the Forum!

My post has marble photos in it. Maybe wasn't loaded when you looked at it, but its there now on my screen. 5 pics

Post #20

1 - 20 of 104 Posts