GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just threw on a Yoshi Alpha T slip on...on, and first of all, ****! Sounds so much better. So I called a local shop that does dyno tunes and ECU flashes (shop came highly recommended) and he said he couldn’t find a map for the 18’ GSX-S750? Even on the power commander website there is only a stock map for the 18’ GSX-S750. Anyone flashed their 18’?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool, I sent him an email. Does he use the GSXR750 Flash on the GSX-S750? I didn't see any options for a GSX-S.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just got my 16 S1000 flashed by Dano a couple months ago and I love it....you can't go wrong with Dan. I sent mine to him in Cali on Mon and got it back in NC Fri.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! So unfortunately the 18’ GSX-S750 doesn’t have a BIN file yet so he’d have to send it out to Woolich to cut a hole in the ECU, read the ECU, then send the info off to Australia to create a BIN and then Dan can flash it. Crazy, I’ve heard such good things about the flash though I think it may be worth it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bike didn’t have one, they used my Ecu for the 18 model doing same thing you mentioned.
Interesting. I see they list 3 “part numbers” for ECU’s under the flashing but mine isn’t one of them. Curious how many **** ECU versions these companies go through?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The part number doesn't matter, all the GSXS's ECUs are the same, send it to Dano
I will but I spoke to him on the phone last week and he said he will have to mail it over to Woolich for them to crack the ECU to get the bin file. Unless you know something he doesn’t...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The day has come gents (and ladies if there are any here?). Finally received my ECU back from its epic voyage to Dano’s, Woolich Performance and back to Dano’s. I’ll agree with everyone who says it feels like a new bike. The best way I can describe it is smooth. Feels way more smooth than stock. Feels like it pulls just a tad harder but it’s hard to tell. Much more popping on decel than stock so I may eventually go with a PCV + Autotune but we’ll see.

Dano’s was great throughout the process and checked in with me when he shipped it back along with a tracking number.

With this being said, the 18’ GSX-S750 ECU is now available to flash straight from Dano’s with a bin file available. Mine had to go to Woolich Performance to have a bin file created. So if anyone is interested it would be a quick and easy flash for you.

Only thing that sorta sucked about the process is waiting 19 days for the turn around. Worth it but it wasn’t fun being off the bike that long.

I would strongly recommend the flash to anyone thinking about it, makes the bike much better to ride.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The day has come gents (and ladies if there are any here?). Finally received my ECU back from its epic voyage to Dano’s, Woolich Performance and back to Dano’s. I’ll agree with everyone who says it feels like a new bike. The best way I can describe it is smooth. Feels way more smooth than stock. Feels like it pulls just a tad harder but it’s hard to tell. Much more popping on decel than stock so I may eventually go with a PCV + Autotune but we’ll see.

Dano’s was great throughout the process and checked in with me when he shipped it back along with a tracking number.

With this being said, the 18’ GSX-S750 ECU is now available to flash straight from Dano’s with a bin file available. Mine had to go to Woolich Performance to have a bin file created. So if anyone is interested it would be a quick and easy flash for you.

Only thing that sorta sucked about the process is waiting 19 days for the turn around. Worth it but it wasn’t fun being off the bike that long.

I would strongly recommend the flash to anyone thinking about it, makes the bike much better to ride.

You block pair valve, (marble in the line under airbox) that removes all the popping. did you have pair valve disabled on ecu flash? its air going through airbox igniting fuel for epa stuff to reduce pollution.

Lift tank, on right side of the tank (throttle side) right behind the airbox on frame side there is a large tube going down from bottom of airbox. unclip the hook, pop a marble in, push it down an inch, reattach the hose to airbox with clamp,

all the popping on decelerations is gone. you will have same thing with autotune, and pc5. Lol you are removing the air from igniting is all. If you didn't disable pair valve via flash, and dont want to send it back. you may have check engine light. idk. I forget, I always have pair valve disabled on all my sport bikes.

Fortunately, if you send it back he will turn it off for you without charging you the amount again. Please dont do the autotune pcv, its garbage in comparison. wasted money, it would also pop unless you disabled pair/blocked pair air.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

You block pair valve, (marble in the line under airbox) that removes all the popping. did you have pair valve disabled on ecu flash? its air going through airbox igniting fuel for epa stuff to reduce pollution.

Lift tank, on right side of the tank (throttle side) right behind the airbox on frame side there is a large tube going down from bottom of airbox. unclip the hook, pop a marble in, push it down an inch, reattach the hose to airbox with clamp,

all the popping on decelerations is gone. you will have same thing with autotune, and pc5. Lol you are removing the air from igniting is all. If you didn't disable pair valve via flash, and dont want to send it back. you may have check engine light. idk. I forget, I always have pair valve disabled on all my sport bikes.

Fortunately, if you send it back he will turn it off for you without charging you the amount again. Please dont do the autotune pcv, its garbage in comparison. wasted money, it would also pop unless you disabled pair/blocked pair air.
I just got finished doing the marble mod. I haven’t ridden it yet but I’m sure that will eliminate most of the popping. I also installed the baffle to see if that makes any difference in grunt per Dano’s advice. I love the sound without baffle but we’ll see if there is much of a difference.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I like the popping. I UNblocked my pair valve to hear it again, but i have a stock exhaust. It would probably get annoying with a louder exhaust.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just took it out for a test drive. Zero popping and I think it actually sounds better now with the baffle than it did before the PAIR marble mod. Maybe I’m just imaging things but even when the baffle in it sounds better. Anyways, I’m completely happy with the way it’s running. Very smooth and it pulls a little harder with the baffle installed.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have stock exhaust + baffle, I think it’s a nice groaty burple burple sound. Glad you enjoy the bike more now.

I personally believe in back pressure affecting low end torque, yet a lot of people dismiss it.

Don’t care about freeer breathing exhaust, I don’t go fast enough for high rpm breathing to matter and benefit with power.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts