GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my bike around 3 years and still can't get along with the snatchy throttle. Just had a service including TPS adjustment but still not happy when the engine is braking! so I'm now thinking about having the ECU remapped which my local garage have done with a few GSX's and the feedback is very good as they are saying the throttle is now smooth as silk. So I was just wondering if anyone else as gone down this route. 馃

Registered
I have 2020 model 鈥. I was scared by the throttle and I think it is absolutely ok 鈥 so I would study the changes they made to the model. Reflash will definetly help. I was riding 2016 model and it was definitely more jumpy, however sti暮 nothing right hand cannot handle.

Registered
I've had my bike around 3 years and still can't get along with the snatchy throttle. Just had a service including TPS adjustment but still not happy when the engine is braking! so I'm now thinking about having the ECU remapped which my local garage have done with a few GSX's and the feedback is very good as they are saying the throttle is now smooth as silk. So I was just wondering if anyone else as gone down this route. 馃
Just had mine done 2 weeks ago, different bike. Bog standard +12hp. Now I can ride it how I like to and handles better as a result.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just had mine done 2 weeks ago, different bike. Bog standard +12hp. Now I can ride it how I like to and handles better as a result.
When I get it remapped it will be all be done on site at a cost of 拢400 did you have yours done on site or did you send off the ECU for a remap. 馃

Registered
When I get it remapped it will be all be done on site at a cost of 拢400 did you have yours done on site or did you send off the ECU for a remap. 馃
There are hardware changes to be made as well as software so onsite is a must

Registered
I'm from north west England and also been thinking about a ECU flash on my 2020 model, let me how you got on please mate.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm from north west England and also been thinking about a ECU flash on my 2020 model, let me how you got on please mate.
Might go down in the next couple of weeks for a chat then take it from there, will definitely let you know if it makes a big difference. 馃憤

Registered
Nice one, I'm going to give Jordanbikes at Leeds a call next week. I am thinking of going down the decat route, i will let you know the outcome.

Registered
went to danos and my bikes a beast now i think jordan bikes is in UK and they have a channel on youtube and see big gains in Hp and smooth throttle response as well i agree with the other best thing i鈥檝e done and night and day difference.

Registered
Had mine reflashed and airbox restrictor plate removed. Best thing I ever did.
Throttle is smooth and bike has more power

Registered
I put new headers on mine and kept stock can, k&n filter.
Just had to remapped by BSD in peterborough, can not recommend them enough. Only need to see the type of bikes going through the place to see why..

Everything was fully explained to me about what they did, bike is brilliantly smooth and i can not believe that the anchor of a engine brake has gone...

拢420 well spent, they do it on site and dyno everything not just put a stock mate on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts