GSXS 1000 Forum banner

ECU flash?

6K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Saxa 
#1 ·
I've had my bike around 3 years and still can't get along with the snatchy throttle. Just had a service including TPS adjustment but still not happy when the engine is braking! so I'm now thinking about having the ECU remapped which my local garage have done with a few GSX's and the feedback is very good as they are saying the throttle is now smooth as silk. So I was just wondering if anyone else as gone down this route. 🤔

#7 ·
I have 2020 model …. I was scared by the throttle and I think it is absolutely ok … so I would study the changes they made to the model. Reflash will definetly help. I was riding 2016 model and it was definitely more jumpy, however stiĺ nothing right hand cannot handle.

#20 ·
I put new headers on mine and kept stock can, k&n filter.
Just had to remapped by BSD in peterborough, can not recommend them enough. Only need to see the type of bikes going through the place to see why..

Everything was fully explained to me about what they did, bike is brilliantly smooth and i can not believe that the anchor of a engine brake has gone...

£420 well spent, they do it on site and dyno everything not just put a stock mate on.

#24 ·
I put new headers on mine and kept stock can, k&n filter.
Just had to remapped by BSD in peterborough, can not recommend them enough. Only need to see the type of bikes going through the place to see why..

Everything was fully explained to me about what they did, bike is brilliantly smooth and i can not believe that the anchor of a engine brake has gone...

£420 well spent, they do it on site and dyno everything not just put a stock mate on.
I forgot about the stupid engine braking it was to aggressive!

#27 ·
thinking about having the ECU remapped .... wondering if anyone else as gone down this route. 🤔
Yes. Got the Woolich with log box and M4 exhaust, generously unloaded at a reasonable price by Fieromx3. Have autotuned about 8 iterations so far. I love the performance, including removing fuel decel cutout. Didn't see how it could make that much difference, but was pleasantly surprised.
The only drawback is my fuel mileage went noticeably down, but that is a disadvantage I can (mostly) live with. For example, cruising at 95-100 mph, my fuel instantaneous MPG goes into the high 20's.
airbox restrictor plate removed.
Didn't notice any difference. YMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.