• P3 Tuning

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I really want my ecu flashed to remove the idle searching & low Rev riding stuttering.

I've had one recommendation - J33 who I have contacted and looks like a good option, but I’m just wondering who others from the UK have used and what results they have had and are you pleased with the results.

just want to know about everyone’s experiences before I commit ;)

I bought my bike with a decat and the booster plug mod done on it which is obviously nowhere near as good as a ecu flash!

Cheers Peeps 🏍💨

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also would you go with a generic ecu flash or a custom ecu flash like from this company Jordan bikes, costs more but maybe worth it with a decat etc?

·
Registered
49 Posts
J33 anyday he was very helpful and my fueling is perfect wot and part fueling which shows the quality of his map , at the same time my God has the bike woke up its a rocket!! I had 2 friends map their bikes with jordan and both got a refund wernt happy because it still wasnt smooth and jordans told them they were riding wrong. Thats my input anyway i have another friend had his z1000 mapped from jordans hes happy. But i would not hesitate to recommend j33 nice bloke andy too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Missed second oart of question, j33 charges £250 for bench map and £350 for full map, I initially got bench map and i had decat too i was abit concerned bit that was me being paranoid and we putvit on dyno fueling was perfect like he said, only thing we adjusted was the timing at idle as these bikes without back pressure are lumpy so you could mention that to him if yours is like that now and he can use ignition timing or exup valve if still in place to smoothen idle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Missed second oart of question, j33 charges £250 for bench map and £350 for full map, I initially got bench map and i had decat too i was abit concerned bit that was me being paranoid and we putvit on dyno fueling was perfect like he said, only thing we adjusted was the timing at idle as these bikes without back pressure are lumpy so you could mention that to him if yours is like that now and he can use ignition timing or exup valve if still in place to smoothen idle.
cheers mate for the reply, I’m guessing I’m going to have to take my bike to him then instead of sending in my ecu to him?

I think I’d also need the idle played with to stop the bike searching, even when it’s warmed up you can still hear it searching, it’s not really bad but noticeable! I want it to purr lol

bet his shop isn’t open though atm like most places with this lockdown 🙄

·
Registered
49 Posts
You could still take just the ecu as he will know what to adjust for smooth idle, text him he prefers texts as he could be on dyno or message him on fb

·
Registered
377 Posts
Had mine done by these guys P3 Tuning Ltd great guys who know what they're doing. Fantastic results, bike is now how I wanted it. Can't remember £ , it was a couple of years ago. Give them a call and discuss your needs.

Reactions: Dayrider

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Guys

I really want my ecu flashed to remove the idle searching & low Rev riding stuttering.

I've had one recommendation - J33 who I have contacted and looks like a good option, but I’m just wondering who others from the UK have used and what results they have had and are you pleased with the results.

I bought my bike with a decat and the booster plug mod done on it which is obviously nowhere near as good as a ecu flash!

Cheers Peeps 🏍💨
Had mine done by Gavin at MSG Racing nr Aylesbury widley respected tuner in British racing for tuning Suzuki's mainly. What a difference it made to my 2016 gsx-s i rode home across country with the tc switched off so much smoother power delivery. J33 are good so is Steve Jordan nr Leatherhead in Surrey.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got in touch and spoken with both J33 & P3 Tuning and they both seem very good.

hmmmmmm

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had mine done by these guys P3 Tuning Ltd great guys who know what they're doing. Fantastic results, bike is now how I wanted it. Can't remember £ , it was a couple of years ago. Give them a call and discuss your needs.
Did you have the postal flash? Or the custom flash?

He told me the postal flash is 90-95% accurate & cost £200

Custom flash is obviously 100% accurate and £395

money is no issue but just wondering if the extra 5-10% is worth the double price though?

·
Registered
311 Posts
If your removing the ecu yourself it can be sent anywhere I suppose, I had mine remapped at JHS Bristol, it was done on the bike and rolling road, was the closest to me from South Wales.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Did you have the postal flash? Or the custom flash?

He told me the postal flash is 90-95% accurate & cost £200

Custom flash is obviously 100% accurate and £395

money is no issue but just wondering if the extra 5-10% is worth the double price though?
I dropped the bike off with them as i live local, I guess the extra cost will be for having a tailored fueling map specific to your bike and set up rather than a generic map. I already had a PCv fitted so they did all the ECU trickery with the woolich software and then set up the custom fueling on the PCv, the thinking behind this was because I have standard exhaust, cat and headers, if I later wanted to change this set up it would be cheaper to run a new map on PCv rather than reflashing the fueling in the ECU with woolich. Forgot to say that whilst the reflash was being done they fitted a K&N filter and disabled the exhaust servo ( which allowed me to remove the whole unit and cabling when i got the bike home ).

Reactions: Dayrider

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I dropped the bike off with them as i live local, I guess the extra cost will be for having a tailored fueling map specific to your bike and set up rather than a generic map. I already had a PCv fitted so they did all the ECU trickery with the woolich software and then set up the custom fueling on the PCv, the thinking behind this was because I have standard exhaust, cat and headers, if I later wanted to change this set up it would be cheaper to run a new map on PCv rather than reflashing the fueling in the ECU with woolich. Forgot to say that whilst the reflash was being done they fitted a K&N filter and disabled the exhaust servo ( which allowed me to remove the whole unit and cabling when i got the bike home ).
P3 Tuning ringing me in the morning to go through a full custom map 👍🏻

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi Guys

Cheers Peeps 🏍💨
get a Boosterplug £120 & sorts out these issues - 15 minute install

·
Registered
1 Posts
How much did you pay at JHS Bristol, I live near to them and have taken a bike to them for mapping before but always found the be very expensive,my last bike was done by
Tim Blakemore Racing ,very resonable prices

1 - 18 of 18 Posts