GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid question haha, i dont have a service manual (yet) i tried looking all over for the answer but cannot find info as to where the ECU is on these bikes?

i have the F model, i am going to take the ECU out this coming weekend before i store the bike for winter here so i can send it out to get flashed. where is the ECU located and does anyone know what all is involved on the F model to remove it?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Remove side panels, tank cover and all bolts and fasteners from the side fairing. The sides don't need to come off completely, they can just hang.
Lift the tank and the ecu is on top of the air box.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do i have to dran the fuel tank or disconnect any fuel lines? to remove the air filter do i need to disconnect any fuel lines to do that?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Under the tank, centrally above the air box. Being a F, it takes an inexperienced Owner some time to strip the fairings away to raise the tank to get access. 15 minutes once your an old hand, they say.
The instructions you will ask as your next question, are littered around the Forum posts.There's no 'sticky' on it unfortunately.

Rob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts