GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
2016 Suzuki GSX S 1000
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again, I have now had my bike couple of weeks and the throttle issue at low speed is just not amusing me any more 馃が
I've had a quote from local bloke of 拢350. Is this reasonable? Or am I just a tight ass?

Registered
It depends where you live and whats available locally. I live in Swansea and there was only 1 place in South Wales I knew of and they wanted the bike 2 days meaning transport cost to and from. Had it done in Bristol and was over 拢400, so 拢350 isnt bad as long as your not spending a fortune on fuel getting there.

Registered
I'm booked this friday for a decat and then remap at Jordan bikes in Leeds, been quoted 拢420 for the dyno and remap and then a couple hours labour to fit the decat. I've only heard good things about these guys so fingers crossed and i will report back.

Registered
Well i went with my decat pipe but they did not feel confident to fit it, they would only fit if i had headers?. Anyway i got the bike remapped and it does feel a lot smoother and now looking for someone who can fit my decat. They said they would do a second map once i have it fitted at a reduced price.

Registered
what was the issue with fitting the decat - was it one of those 拢50 ebay specials? that's what i put on mine.

Wasnt particularly difficult.

Registered
Nothing looked wrong with the pipe just they have never fitted a decat before. Going fire a ride around snowdonia today and see if the remap really worth it.

Registered
Is this reasonable?
Seems a little high. Have you priced Woolich to do it yourself?
I like the results I got with the auto tuning option with the log box from Woolich.

Registered
So things changed, i bought Delkevic headers.
Once i removed the fairings i thought i.ve come this far might as well get some new pipes, 拢290 with my original end can. sounds brill just need a remap again but Jordan bikes will do it for 拢100 because they couldn't do the decat last time.
All easy to do which is a good job because they didn't come with instructions, good quality pipes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts