GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing the Dominator decat pipe I am now looking at some end cans that are not the long "sticky-out-the-back" type that have or can utilise the heatshield/cover or provide one. Just wondering what people are using and if any pictures of what you are running.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I might have a little experience in this area!

Most of the aftermarket mufflers out there for the stock header outlet size provide a link pipe that retains the stock heat shield. There are dozens available, you just have to Google search and find the one you like. IMO Delkevic is the best for lower priced, and make shorter versions. Race Fit makes a shorty but super loud (I put SC Project emblem on the Race Fit).Leo Vince makes a shorty and comes with a cf heat shield. Akropovic has one, top of the line, also comes with cf heat shield.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have been trawling websites and the ones I like (has to be black or carbon to match the bike) are the Arrow prorace, Leovince, and Scorpion redpower Katana (if it fits). Don't want the ugly hang down bracket if possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It probably would be with your de-cat, I still have the standard exhaust and it’s slightly louder than standard, burbles nicely and does bark at revs-it really isn’t stupidly loud though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I might have a little experience in this area!

Most of the aftermarket mufflers out there for the stock header outlet size provide a link pipe that retains the stock heat shield. There are dozens available, you just have to Google search and find the one you like. IMO Delkevic is the best for lower priced, and make shorter versions. Race Fit makes a shorty but super loud (I put SC Project emblem on the Race Fit).Leo Vince makes a shorty and comes with a cf heat shield. Akropovic has one, top of the line, also comes with cf heat shield. View attachment 43452 .

View attachment 43448 View attachment 43449 View attachment 43450
The Racefit with the carbon panel looks the business mate.

·
Registered
40 Posts
After doing the Dominator decat pipe I am now looking at some end cans that are not the long "sticky-out-the-back" type that have or can utilise the heatshield/cover or provide one. Just wondering what people are using and if any pictures of what you are running.
GONE FOR THE M4 BLACK END CAN LOOKS AND SOUNDS GOOD AND YOU USE THE OEM HEAT SHIELD

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its a minefield out there, just when I thought I had made my mind up I saw these
27.39.be.10030191890DET0116INET.jpg
dc.74.58.Hurriclap1Schwar10011885840FR17.jpg

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The double looks cool, who makes it and how much?

I see it mounts to the passenger peg, you said you don't want an "ugly bracket" - so you still have your passenger pegs?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Think I will get the twin pipe, its a Shark Track, certainly not cheap at £500ish but then I will only change it once. Yes the rear pegs are still there, essential for stand up wheelies through Newport tunnels.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just ordered the Arrow Pro race, the Shark track twin pipe was looking fantastic but the combination of no UK dealers, constant Paypal exchange rate fluctuations and the website dropping out put me off big time.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Then I had an email this morning the Shark order had gone through after the website told me it was not possible due to difficulties and try later. So now I may have 2 coming unless they get to cancel it for me . Why cant they just sell them in local shops!!!:mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
What a great problem! 2 brand new slip-ons!
You'll be able to choose which one you like best, and sell the other one here, although might have to drop the price a little

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well the Arrow pro race end can is on and I'm very pleased with it,it does have a sharp upward angle though but keeps the standard heatshield and not stupidly loud although the baffle plate can be removed but the last bike I did that on was terribly loud and wouldn't idle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts