GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was curious about reducing engine braking on the gsxs1000. How much people had it reduced bye and opinions on the results. Also how is it reduced by a tuner? Is it a overall percentage or is it reduced gear bye gear? I ask because I feel engine breaking is strong especially for me in 2nd gear and find myself running my bike in 3rd gear sometimes when I would prefer to be in 2nd for the power I want but want less engine breaking when off the gas. I plan on taking my bike to the shop that tuned it to have the race tools enabled on my bike and figured I might get them to adjust engine braking while I was there. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The injectors are cut on closed throttle for economy reasons. The woolich software has a check mark, as to whether you want it...…. or not.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Danos did mine and that was one of the biggest concerns I had and asked him about. After the flash the bike is great, especially coming down those steep mountain grades.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I agree bike is so much better after having snow tune it
To be honest after riding the stock ECU very hard for 10,000 miles I almost miss the hard engine breaking but I just use more of my breaks now which is better for engine life anyways right hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, this is the Deceleration Fuel Cut Off killing the injectors on throttle shut off. It actually cuts the electric power to them, so no fuel flows from about .75 of a second after throttle is shut off 100% (only if you are below 7,500 rpm) and then it starts them up again at 2,500 rpm.

This dyno chart shows you the process:

It makes no difference, as far as I can tell, which gear you are in. It's the rpm range that activates it.

Only way round it is to have it flashed out with the Woolich (or similar) software:

More info on the links in my signature below.

Greetings

·
Registered
154 Posts
WAS one of my biggest concerns also. I sent my ECU to Dano and he got rid of 99% of the twitchiness and cut about 40-50% of the engine brake out. Much improved!! I have two other bikes and the engine brake now is just slightly more than them. I would say it's still great for the twisties and more than acceptable for highway runs. Well worth the $189 for the Dano reflash.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dano guy here, I love how my bike runs. I have stock exhaust, with a decat, and kn air filter and such.

Just wish winter would be over so I could go for a ride again

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is there a way to check whether my ECU was flashed by the previous owner? I bought my bike at 20,000km and it has asensitive but NOT twitchy/snatchy throttle and has very ordinary engine braking, so I'm starting to wonder whether it had been flashed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the responses. I had my ECU dyno tuned with Woolich software 3 years ago and it’s really worth the money! It made a huge difference! Very happy with my bike just think that the engine breaking could still be reduced some in 2nd gear some to suit my taste.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts