GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I test rode the GSX S1000F today and it felt less smooth and more buzzy than the naked I rode before - this demo bike only had only 150km.

I was surprised as the naked version 2 weeks ago felt smooth.

As this was different dealer. I told the about the ealier ride on the naked and they immediately suggested I try theirs which had done 550 km.

Again the naked felt great-- so really confused

Does the F version vibrate more? ----Or is ir just these engines really do need to be run in before they feel good?

Dealer will put some more kms on the F version and invite me back for another demo.

Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I own an F and there is no vibrations. I think it might of been a bumpy road.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I own the naked version, when I purchased it there was vibrations especially around the higher rpm mark, but as I piled on the miles and got it run in, it has got a lot smoother. Would like to have a go on the "f" model though just to compare. My lump has done 3500 miles now and love it, I have done really long journeys on it and I must say it's the only bike I've owned that doesn't numb my hands or feet. So hopefully once yours has done more miles it should run smoother.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have now done 2000 miles on my F and there are a few vibes especially at around 7000rpm but FAR less than some bikes I have owned.
The vibes do however seem less now I have done a few miles and loosened the engine up a bit with shall we say "the odd spirited ride"

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went back and retested the F version now demo bike has 500km on the clock, and it was smoother. Still little bit of vibes at idle (minor) and then buzzy around 7500RPM- but that is not where I will be cruising.

End result-- I have ordered one!!!
Delivery hopefully in about 2 weeks

·
Registered
106 Posts
Personally I think a lot of vibration felt is through the suspension not being set correctly . When I picked my new gsxs up from the dealers the front forks were set different and nothing was set as the manual suggested . Once I had set it to the manual everything felt better.
Still not brilliant though and have adjusted it to suit me and its almost there ...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Beaky

I think the suspension does play a part in overall vibration levels percieved- The Demo naked that I enjoyed was set up softly and when I tried the F Version the second time, dealer had softened it also.
I only weigh 70kg so suspect when mine arrives I will need to dial in some low settings, especially as it is unlikey I will pillion much and even if I do my wife is under 50kg.
Two dinkies- that is also why I like the easy seating position, being a shorty!
Any suggestions for suspension settings?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Not sure if it's all in my head, but I'm sure mine is a bit vibey through the pegs and bars on a fresh tank of fuel. :confused:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Redbeard,
I would check and make sure they are set to standard , what's in the owners manual, then adjust from there one setting at a time . Being quite light unlike me 100kgs , I would look at setting preload first . Especially sag , I have put my settings on here somewhere , obviously it is an individual thing and I am a bit heavier... my settings may suit you with your wife as pillion !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts