GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wow, guys. I don’t get anything close to the mileage y’all are getting but I do ride with advance track riders on the street.
I never did either until I bought the Road Smart 3's. Previous tires on all my bikes from 600cc to 1854cc lasted between 3 and 5K. These new multi tread compound tires are the real deal. I also bought Michelin Commander 2's for my cruiser when I bought the Dunlops for the GSX. Both are dual compound and both are outperforming all my previous tires in both wear and grip. If you have only been running sport tires for traction you might be surprised at the grip the new sport touring tires deliver along with longer life and reduced warm up times.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I ran touring tires on the hayabusa after I bought a second bike. The bike I ride in the mountains will always have a super sport tire on the front simple because of the way our group rides. I get away with a touring out back because I generally don’t hammer it coming out of the curves, unless it’s hwy 181.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
For what it's worth, scrubbed them in and put some miles on them and can't fault them. Very confidence inspiring in all conditions, excellent levels of road grip and an equivalent of the OEM (well, probably a little better)...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts