GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Has anyone fitted the Ermax touring screen to their F? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I've got the Powerbronze double bubble which I find suits me better than the standard screen but I can't help feeling that there's still room for improvement and the Ermax is apparently 14cm taller. Is bigger better?:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
i fitted it, says its 12cm longer.
Test drives showed that it's good, keeps the wind off the helmet, but adds a little noise, which is normal.
i then changed the mounting, more flat, about 1,5cm. now it's perfect for me.
much more protection than stock shield, only little more noise.
also makes the bike more adult.
This mounting needs a wider handlebar, to get the mirrors a.s.o. out of the way, i have a LSL X01.
For the shield i need a ABE in germany, which is in the queue

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Manni. Getting a screen suited for an individual is indeed tricky. I may well pick up an Ermax in the future. Cheers

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi. Has anyone fitted the Ermax touring screen to their F? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I've got the Powerbronze double bubble which I find suits me better than the standard screen but I can't help feeling that there's still room for improvement and the Ermax is apparently 14cm taller. Is bigger better?:)
depends if you ask the missus or the girlfriend .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have any pictures for us? I just completed my first real ride today (250km) and I really need a new screen. It was a fast ride (160 km/h +) in windy conditions and my neck is really sore!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts