GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the forum but some useful feeds so I’ll have a bash with my own quandary

Anyone experience of mods to fix givi pannier racks with evotech tail tidy?

The EP TT is a really neat solution but the alloy plate fits flush to the underside of the tail and so some fettling will be needed.

I am a fan of Givi and want hard luggage but suspect it would need a bit more than just drilling as the angle of the brace from the foot pegs would probably change.

I know this is a very specific combination EP/GIVI but on the off-chance someone has done it......

Cheers all

p.s since I took the picture of the bike I have installed powerbronze screen and SP moto mount for the mobile.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have Givi panniers fitted when touring but take rack off when not needed, i also have tailtidy but have changed out my indicators, it all fits nicely although the indicators do sit inside of the actual panniers when fitted (not sure how long term you’d get around this). The givi pannier rack fits nicely under the tail as normal with the rear foot peg mounts.

here’s pics of what i have fitted.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have Givi panniers fitted when touring but take rack off when not needed, i also have tailtidy but have changed out my indicators, it all fits nicely although the indicators do sit inside of the actual panniers when fitted (not sure how long term you’d get around this). The givi pannier rack fits nicely under the tail as normal with the rear foot peg mounts.

here’s pics of what i have fitted.

View attachment 44565
View attachment 44566 View attachment 44567
Hope this helps.
Thanks for that, I did wonder if the stock indicators would fit, and reckon I would have to give it a try otherwise swap to LED’s.
The EP tail tidy is 2 piece with a blank plate fitting over the recess and so no step down into the tail panel. It looks like your TT has a step for the givi cross brace to site in.
Looks very neat and exactly what I want to achieve.

👍

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an EvoTech tail tidy and it required zero fettling. Top quality product and company.
I agree Barstewardsquad, the Evotech tail tidy was an easy fit and very neat.
The fettling comes down to the drilling that will be needed for the pannier rack brace and whether geometry is off for the fixing to passenger foot pegs for the GIVI frame.
I also have the Evotech frame and axle bungs and bobbins, all good gear so now considering going full Evotech with the radiator guards and levers.
I have not contacted Evotech to see if they have considered adaptation for pannier mounts, but maybe worth a try.
Planning my first multi day tour next year, so far have the Givi tank bag and Kreiga R20. Reckon with the panniers I will have enough space for a few days kit.
👍

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that, I did wonder if the stock indicators would fit, and reckon I would have to give it a try otherwise swap to LED’s.
The EP tail tidy is 2 piece with a blank plate fitting over the recess and so no step down into the tail panel. It looks like your TT has a step for the givi cross brace to site in.
Looks very neat and exactly what I want to achieve.

👍
P.S easy install for the oxford indicators? The Suzuki LEDs seem really expensive so maybe I’ll give the oxfords a bash.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few pictures of the EvoTech bungs, bobbins and Tail Tidy. Good understated kit 👌
For the pannier frame I reckon take the Tail Tidy alloy plates off and drill for the pannier brace with longer bolts to cover the extra thickness of the alloy plates compared to the plastic stock fender which I think does recess into the tail..put it back together and see how I get on.

·
Registered
152 Posts
P.S easy install for the oxford indicators? The Suzuki LEDs seem really expensive so maybe I’ll give the oxfords a bash.
Yes, pretty straightforward although fitted eith the resisters but still had to get a relay as the fronts were playing up. The other thing i found was making sure you get the right spacers for the front indicators where they mount through the fairing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi guys, new to the forum but some useful feeds so I’ll have a bash with my own quandary

Anyone experience of mods to fix givi pannier racks with evotech tail tidy?

The EP TT is a really neat solution but the alloy plate fits flush to the underside of the tail and so some fettling will be needed.

I am a fan of Givi and want hard luggage but suspect it would need a bit more than just drilling as the angle of the brace from the foot pegs would probably change.

I know this is a very specific combination EP/GIVI but on the off-chance someone has done it......

Cheers all

p.s since I took the picture of the bike I have installed powerbronze screen and SP moto mount for the mobile.

View attachment 44564
I have a custom set of Shad hard bags that I used with their universal P bracket that was made by No-Mar Tire in the USA. I am using an integrated tail light, but my wifes bike runs a oem setup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a custom set of Shad hard bags that I used with their universal P bracket that was made by No-Mar Tire in the USA. I am using an integrated tail light, but my wifes bike runs a oem setup.

View attachment 44580
View attachment 44581
Thanks
I do like the Shad set up, and it looks to give a good amount of luggage capacity.
Shad do a bike specific kit for the new Katana which is neat but not one for the gsxs1000f, I find that quite strange given it’s a popular bike with sport touring comfort.
I will be fixing up with just rudimentary tools, so cannot fabricate a brace myself.
Saying that, as my teenage years were spent through the 80s I am getting ever more drawn to the Katana so may end up with a new bike as well as luggage 🤣

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thanks
I do like the Shad set up, and it looks to give a good amount of luggage capacity.
Shad do a bike specific kit for the new Katana which is neat but not one for the gsxs1000f, I find that quite strange given it’s a popular bike with sport touring comfort.
I will be fixing up with just rudimentary tools, so cannot fabricate a brace myself.
Saying that, as my teenage years were spent through the 80s I am getting ever more drawn to the Katana so may end up with a new bike as well as luggage 🤣
Love the Katana look as well but the fuel tank is painfully small. My old 250 stroker would only do 70 odd miles before reserve which is probably why I never went far on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get a motodynamic tail light, it has integrated signals so you don't have to mount the signals to the tidy tail.
That’s a neat looking solution. Not sure if it would comply with UK mandatory standards though. Pannier racks arrive today so I will offer them up to the Evotech tidy first and see what is needed. 👍

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So that’s the Givi frame fitted and another step closer.

There was no way the EP TT with stock indicators was going to work, so rather than butcher the TT and wait for small LED indicators I refitted the OEM fender.

I have to say I like the look of it more than I expected, which in some ways re-balances the bike from being front heavy...subjective I know.

Frame feels solid, so time to order the panniers and start planning a decent summer trip.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really like the frame comes off easily and you can leave just the under bar. That how i had mine until i fitted the TT.
Brave man with the paddock stand on the grass though... lol
Ha ha...the grass went years ago...it’s all moss! Would be like dropping a bike onto duck down quilt 😁
I think givi do just the one compatible bag for it, but I will have a look on the off chance they have other options.
Solid set up though 👌

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So that’s the panniers arrived...just in time for the **** weather and COVID level 4 lockdown 😖
Overall, with the tanklock bag, panniers and kreiga backpack I have about 67 litres of neat storage. Plenty scope to replace the Kriega with a tail bag though to bump it up if needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A few pictures of the EvoTech bungs, bobbins and Tail Tidy. Good understated kit 👌
For the pannier frame I reckon take the Tail Tidy alloy plates off and drill for the pannier brace with longer bolts to cover the extra thickness of the alloy plates compared to the plastic stock fender which I think does recess into the tail..put it back together and see how I get on.
View attachment 44575 View attachment 44576 View attachment 44577 View attachment 44578

Any chance I can ask where you got the Evotech sliders and spools? I can’t seem to find anything that’s a no cut for my 2019 FZ.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.