GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michael Gougis is the primary "new bike" model reviewer for Road Racing World magazine. If you can, grab the latest issue...he wrote an extensive rider review of the bike, part of which involved a ride from Los Angeles to Vancouver, British Columbia. I let the local dealer's only GT+ go because we couldn't meet at a dollar cost after trading my RR that felt good to me. I can only say, after reading Gougis's review that I kinda wish I'd been a little more liberal in what I'd accept as an out-the-door figure. Well, there's always the 2023 model.

Get the magazine...it'll make you love your bike even more.

Oh, and Gougis mentioned wind protection. He's 5'10" tall and said the stock screen was perfect - air hit his shoulders off the screen, leaving his helmet in clear air. He rode in wind, heavy rain, cold and heat...and loved the bike. Hoping Suzuki does a little fine-tuning in '23 (maybe making heated grips standard)...I'll be ordering.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, their reviews are solid. Anyway, even if I'd bought the GT+ in early August when it arrived, I wouldn't have been able to ride it...been sidelined with severe back issue for 6 weeks. Can't even ride my RR. Hoping physical therapy turns it around...:confused:

Registered
Yes, their reviews are solid. Anyway, even if I'd bought the GT+ in early August when it arrived, I wouldn't have been able to ride it...been sidelined with severe back issue for 6 weeks. Can't even ride my RR. Hoping physical therapy turns it around...:confused:
Here is to good vibes on healing with the back. I鈥檓 into surgery first thing in AM for a stupid gal bladder I鈥檓 hesitant to remove but everyone around me is ready to just do it. Seems kind of stupid really as it鈥檚 my body. 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear about the surgery. You're probably better off without the gall bladder, if it's been a problem for you. I've had good and bad with the medical establishment, and I also totally get what you say about it being your body. Have a quick recovery! For me, getting older has issues, especially since I've been fit and active my whole life. It's like..."Hey, body, what the $%#& are you doing? Have I not treated you well?" I've learned you can overdo things when you're young, but not when you're old...

Registered
2022 GSX-S1000GT
Here is to good vibes on healing with the back. I鈥檓 into surgery first thing in AM for a stupid gal bladder I鈥檓 hesitant to remove but everyone around me is ready to just do it. Seems kind of stupid really as it鈥檚 my body. 馃
Good luck with your surgery! My wife had it last year and it resolved a lot of issues for her.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed Gougis didn't say anything about "rattling" noises, but that probably doesn't mean they weren't there. No negative comments about brakes or tires, either. Looking forward to what Suzuki does with this model for '23, if anything (other than a price increase, that is...).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts