GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why many people rev their bikes so extreme?
They don't pass the 1st or 2nd gear.
Do they know that their bike has 5 or 6 gears available for ridding?
There is no need to go in 1st gear when you can cruise just fine at 50 MPH in 6th gear.
My boss is so lazy that he would go from 1st gear to 6th gear. Of course I'd never let him touch my bike.
He is like a stomach that destroys everything that he touches.
What kind of bad habits do you have with your bike?

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,544 Posts
Why many people rev their bikes so extreme?
They don't pass the 1st or 2nd gear.
Do they know that their bike has 5 or 6 gears available for ridding?
There is no need to go in 1st gear when you can cruise just fine at 50 MPH in 6th gear.
My boss is so lazy that he would go from 1st gear to 6th gear. Of course I'd never let him touch my bike.
He is like a stomach that destroys everything that he touches.
What kind of bad habits do you have with your bike?
My bad habits are none of your business.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Why do people have a bike that revs up to around 12,000 rpm and only use 4,000? I tend to run it at around the 6-7,000 range as the response to the throttle is immediate, and engine breaking assists a lot with slowing down. If I want to upset a boy-racer though I have no problem redlining all the way, it's what the bike and engine were designed for.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why do people have a bike that revs up to around 12,000 rpm and only use 4,000? I tend to run it at around the 6-7,000 range as the response to the throttle is immediate, and engine breaking assists a lot with slowing down. If I want to upset a boy-racer though I have no problem redlining all the way, it's what the bike and engine were designed for.
Oh yes, the bike was designed for 12,000 rpm, but not to be reved constantly in 1st or 2nd gear, there are more gears available to ridding more efficiently.
I ride almost in that rpm range that you described. Oh yes, I rev to let people know that I'm coming close to them. :LOL:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on where you are riding, just cruising along open roads no need to rev it out. In the twisties where you want to drive through and out of the corner I use mainly 2nd and 3rd
I agree, I do the same as you. Thanks for sharing your experience(y)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Traveling in Germany it was strangely satisfying seeing all the bikers with obnoxiously loud exhausts getting pulled over by the "Polizei" (you can still have a nice sounding exhaust) but the tarts with bikes so loud you can barely hear yourself think around them, will soon be a thing of the past, and thank **** for that. Doing nothing good for the reputation of other bikers. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
o brother
I don't rev my bike no need the 6 spd transmission shifts threw fast enough and my bike is a 2020 brand new I just put the first 200 miles on it riding past two weeks. I'll go easy till I have it serviced first and second time then I'll start riding it a little harder lol I can cruise 120 effortlessly lol that's fast enough for a good speeding ticket!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't rev my bike no need the 6 spd transmission shifts threw fast enough and my bike is a 2020 brand new I just put the first 200 miles on it riding past two weeks. I'll go easy till I have it serviced first and second time then I'll start riding it a little harder lol I can cruise 120 effortlessly lol that's fast enough for a good speeding ticket!
Congratulations on your new GSXS1000. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.
I got mine in Feb 2020 and still have not reved over 7K RPM I have put 1,200 miles only. I ride it only on the Fwys.
I serviced it myself at 600 miles and I'm waiting to put 3K miles to do the 2nd service and then I may ride it a little more aggressively, I'll try to reach 200 MPH :LOL:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Traveling in Germany it was strangely satisfying seeing all the bikers with obnoxiously loud exhausts getting pulled over by the "Polizei" (you can still have a nice sounding exhaust) but the tarts with bikes so loud you can barely hear yourself think around them, will soon be a thing of the past, and thank **** for that. Doing nothing good for the reputation of other bikers. :)
Yeah, they should spank their ash for reving unnecessary.

Reving is a language, it is a way of communication with the other drivers and riders. (says a friend of mine):p
One rev means "I'm near you"
Two revs means "I'm passing you"
Three revs means "Let me pass"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, they should spank their ash for reving unnecessary.

Reving is a language, it is a way of communication with the other drivers and riders. (says a friend of mine):p
One rev means "I'm near you"
Two revs means "I'm passing you"
Three revs means "Let me pass"
Sure lol!
Whatever people feel like =)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got mine in Feb 2020 and still have not reved over 7K RPM I have put 1,200 miles only. I ride it only on the Fwys.
I serviced it myself at 600 miles and I'm waiting to put 3K miles to do the 2nd service and then I may ride it a little more aggressively, I'll try to reach 200 MPH :LOL:
I do highly agree with you im a older guy now as im 50 but I've owned a few motorcycles including my 81 Kawasaki KZ 1000 and this brand new GSX S1000ZAMO is by far much faster and again like you did my bike isn't close to be broken in yet and I haven't brought my RPMs over 5 thousand maybe 5 1/2 tops as im not in no rush to get killed or abuse my bike as it just turned 275 miles on it which it's nothing as you know after I get a couple thousand on it I might play with it and ride it a little harder maybe pick up the front wheel but probably not as I've done it on accident just getting into throttle lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
John I did note you serviced your bike at 600 miles the dealership keeps calling me trying to get me to bring my bike back in at 500 which is fine as I plan on keeping up with all my service records as I bought this bike cash and plan to keep this bike for the rest of my time. It does run synthetic motor oil as that's what it calls for and should come with from the factory as I know as well as I know how to tell if you're bike has synthetic motor oil in it when you get it, it's easy to check all you have to do is start it when it's cold and pull in clutch put it in gear if bike tries to lunge or surge forward that means they put the wrong motor oil in the motor at factory or dealership as I was told my bike came full of all fluids when it was shipped everything but fuel which I thought was odd but whom am I to second guess guys whom are selling me a brand new bike as I told them and I did ask if they checked all my fluid levels as if anything happens it's brand new they will be replacing motor what ever. Sorry for writing a book just some information that was on my mind. I also thought this is a brand new GSX 1000 engine im sure Suzuki wouldn't ship any of thier engines especially the 1000s with no engine oil as they would probably or have already lost money from idiot's starting brand new bikes with no oil because they assumed they came with oil! So after dealing with stupid bullshit like that they decided to **** there bikes or more expensive bikes with engine oil so thier not losing 5 grand or so.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I paid for the whole tachometer, I'm gonna use the whole tachometer.
Lol now that's funny but as you stated you as well as I paid for the whole instrument cluster and buy all means use that **** thing! My bike is still too new with not enough miles on it to use all my tac im going to have to get my neighbors son to ride my bike while I'm at work to get some miles on the **** thing.. lol yeah right..

·
Registered
376 Posts
I know how to tell if you're bike has synthetic motor oil in it when you get it, it's easy to check all you have to do is start it when it's cold and pull in clutch put it in gear if bike tries to lunge or surge forward that means they put the wrong motor oil in the motor at factory or dealership
Rick,
I don't know where you got that information but it's incorrect. Not meaning to be argumentative, just saying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was actually at a professional cycle shop the man whom told me this was Jeff Castine whom builds ProSeries race track bike motors GSXR 1000R and a larger engine that im not actually sure of what displacement is regardless he works on all others as well and has a shop in Orange Mass on 202 South in Orange Mass he is the individual that I have known for many years that stated the motor oil in my bike is Synthetic or at least suppose to be and you can tell if it's synthetic just by starting my bike cold as the synthetic viscosity even cold will not allow the type of clutch that's in my bike to dry surge and said anyone whom has made the mistake or decided to put regular motor oil in one will know exactly what's happening and why. I'll look it up with Suzuki and see what they say maybe he's wrong regardless I'll keep running synthetic motor oil when it's time. Thanks for letting me know. I thought as you where stating that a motorcycle cycle engine manufacturer such as Suzuki would design there engine to run the best oil they can for lubrication of all moving parts as radiator and water pump control cooling as will as air cooling and fan. My Fan looks like it barely fits on back side of my radiator a really tight fit to keep cool but it all works together as one. Sorry if I sent out the wrong message I just would think guy whom builds and track races bikes wouldn't tell me something like that if he was wrong. I just ride it if after warranty wears out then I'll pay him to repair it

1 - 20 of 83 Posts