GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
John I did note you serviced your bike at 600 miles the dealership keeps calling me trying to get me to bring my bike back in at 500 which is fine as I plan on keeping up with all my service records as I bought this bike cash and plan to keep this bike for the rest of my time. It does run synthetic motor oil as that's what it calls for and should come with from the factory as I know as well as I know how to tell if you're bike has synthetic motor oil in it when you get it, it's easy to check all you have to do is start it when it's cold and pull in clutch put it in gear if bike tries to lunge or surge forward that means they put the wrong motor oil in the motor at factory or dealership as I was told my bike came full of all fluids when it was shipped everything but fuel which I thought was odd but whom am I to second guess guys whom are selling me a brand new bike as I told them and I did ask if they checked all my fluid levels as if anything happens it's brand new they will be replacing motor what ever. Sorry for writing a book just some information that was on my mind. I also thought this is a brand new GSX 1000 engine im sure Suzuki wouldn't ship any of thier engines especially the 1000s with no engine oil as they would probably or have already lost money from idiot's starting brand new bikes with no oil because they assumed they came with oil! So after dealing with stupid bullshit like that they decided to **** there bikes or more expensive bikes with engine oil so thier not losing 5 grand or so.
Put this on in error.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was actually at a professional cycle shop the man whom told me this was Jeff Castine whom builds ProSeries race track bike motors GSXR 1000R and a larger engine that im not actually sure of what displacement is regardless he works on all others as well and has a shop in Orange Mass on 202 South in Orange Mass he is the individual that I have known for many years that stated the motor oil in my bike is Synthetic or at least suppose to be and you can tell if it's synthetic just by starting my bike cold as the synthetic viscosity even cold will not allow the type of clutch that's in my bike to dry surge and said anyone whom has made the mistake or decided to put regular motor oil in one will know exactly what's happening and why. I'll look it up with Suzuki and see what they say maybe he's wrong regardless I'll keep running synthetic motor oil when it's time. Thanks for letting me know. I thought as you where stating that a motorcycle cycle engine manufacturer such as Suzuki would design there engine to run the best oil they can for lubrication of all moving parts as radiator and water pump control cooling as will as air cooling and fan. My Fan looks like it barely fits on back side of my radiator a really tight fit to keep cool but it all works together as one. Sorry if I sent out the wrong message I just would think guy whom builds and track races bikes wouldn't tell me something like that if he was wrong. I just ride it if after warranty wears out then I'll pay him to repair it

I have some doubts about your thoughts that the bike comes with synthetic oil. You even say the mechanic said, “the motor oil in the bike is Synthetic or at least suppose to be.” That’s hardly a definite response from him. Not too sure about his thoughts on knowing it’s synthetic by how the clutch responds by putting bike into first gear.

This engine is based on the k5 gsxr1000 in which I used synthetic oils in mine after 5000 miles. Can’t say that synthetics made me notice that putting the k5 into first gear was any better than my gsx-s with regular motorcycle oil in it. I’ve always noticed though that an overly loose rear chain hampers any motorcycle when putting into first gear at a standstill.

ive checked on the net and can’t find anything to say the gsx-s comes with synthetic from the factory.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just to add my 1.5 cts in
I bought a 2020 two weeks and as part of the deal they gave me 5 qts of Dino oil ... because that is what is in it. They said not to put synthetic in until after break in. For what it is worth....

We all do our own thing for breaking in but I will do my third oil change at 600 miles. I will be riding and not worrying how high my Revs are. No hard revs, no red line and working through all the gears during break in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought mine at Central New England Power Sport and Scott the Tech whom uncrated my bike and put basically front wheel on and a a couple other items and adjusted and tightened and checked other stuff I assume he was person whom told me bike came from factory with fluids in it! As I did call him and ask him do I need to check or put any fluids in this bike and he told be No it come equipped with all fluids for break in. I have driven my bike normally no crazy red lining or over revving I've run it around 80 but have notice I was up to 118 pretty effortlessly then thought hmm definitely have to watch my speed on this fast bike. An Jeff Castine at All Sports whom use to race on the circuits now builds and also rebuilds race bikes for the oval track was the man whom told me my bike should have synthetic motor oil in it and was also the guy whom told me I can tell with the scag clutch system when it's cold by putting it in gear when you first start bike as bike will lunge forward if there isn't synthetic motor oil in crack case when cold. I have no idea what's in bike as I just finally got over 500 miles on my bike and it's January and I live up north where winter is winter so I have to wait to get a oil change but I'll let you know what Central New England puts in my bike as there's where I bought it from and that's whom I'll leave responsible for it for its break in time as if anything happens I paid cash for my bike and own it I don't need any serious issues with it as I truly love my GSXS 1000 ZAMO and it's plenty fast enough for me. It's definitely not a bike I say sure yeah take it for a ride! Not! I dont need it wrecked nor do I need the law suit if the fool survives whom wrecked it because I'll probably end up in prison for killing the fool whom wrecks my bike! Lol I'll never have to worry about that happening as no one rides my bike as it's just like my bitch!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
John I did note you serviced your bike at 600 miles the dealership keeps calling me trying to get me to bring my bike back in at 500 which is fine as I plan on keeping up with all my service records as I bought this bike cash and plan to keep this bike for the rest of my time. It does run synthetic motor oil as that's what it calls for and should come with from the factory as I know as well as I know how to tell if you're bike has synthetic motor oil in it when you get it, it's easy to check all you have to do is start it when it's cold and pull in clutch put it in gear if bike tries to lunge or surge forward that means they put the wrong motor oil in the motor at factory or dealership as I was told my bike came full of all fluids when it was shipped everything but fuel which I thought was odd but whom am I to second guess guys whom are selling me a brand new bike as I told them and I did ask if they checked all my fluid levels as if anything happens it's brand new they will be replacing motor what ever. Sorry for writing a book just some information that was on my mind. I also thought this is a brand new GSX 1000 engine im sure Suzuki wouldn't ship any of thier engines especially the 1000s with no engine oil as they would probably or have already lost money from idiot's starting brand new bikes with no oil because they assumed they came with oil! So after dealing with stupid bullshit like that they decided to **** there bikes or more expensive bikes with engine oil so thier not losing 5 grand or so.
Sorry for replying after so long.
Yes, I did serviced my GSXS1000 @ 600 miles. I put the Castrol Actevo 4T 10W-40 Part Synthetic. I have put only 2,400 miles since Feb 2020, at 3,000 miles I'll put the Castrol Power1 4T 10W-40 Full Synthetic.

I have not rev my engine more than 7,000 RPM.
How is your bike behaving? How many miles have you put on it?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I bought mine at Central New England Power Sport and Scott the Tech whom uncrated my bike and put basically front wheel on and a a couple other items and adjusted and tightened and checked other stuff I assume he was person whom told me bike came from factory with fluids in it! As I did call him and ask him do I need to check or put any fluids in this bike and he told be No it come equipped with all fluids for break in. I have driven my bike normally no crazy red lining or over revving I've run it around 80 but have notice I was up to 118 pretty effortlessly then thought hmm definitely have to watch my speed on this fast bike. An Jeff Castine at All Sports whom use to race on the circuits now builds and also rebuilds race bikes for the oval track was the man whom told me my bike should have synthetic motor oil in it and was also the guy whom told me I can tell with the scag clutch system when it's cold by putting it in gear when you first start bike as bike will lunge forward if there isn't synthetic motor oil in crack case when cold. I have no idea what's in bike as I just finally got over 500 miles on my bike and it's January and I live up north where winter is winter so I have to wait to get a oil change but I'll let you know what Central New England puts in my bike as there's where I bought it from and that's whom I'll leave responsible for it for its break in time as if anything happens I paid cash for my bike and own it I don't need any serious issues with it as I truly love my GSXS 1000 ZAMO and it's plenty fast enough for me. It's definitely not a bike I say sure yeah take it for a ride! Not! I dont need it wrecked nor do I need the law suit if the fool survives whom wrecked it because I'll probably end up in prison for killing the fool whom wrecks my bike! Lol I'll never have to worry about that happening as no one rides my bike as it's just like my bitch!
Congratulations on your new GSXS1000. You'll be very happy for years to come.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Gsxs1000 don’t call for syn oil. Atleast my 16 don’t. And I’d take a guess your font either. If your clutch is dragging you have adjustments issues. Conventional oil is so close to syn oil way it’s manufactured now. Sounds like your guy is making a sales pitch to ya to make an extra 50 bucks on ya. Just sounds so dumb

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I like synth oil and changed whatever the OEM oil was to synth @ 600 miles. I don't think it makes that much difference though. As far as revs go... I wouldn't ever stay at > 7000 K for an extended period, but the engine is bullet proof and loves to rev. I can't do a ride without hitting 8K, and usually triple digits, just for the freakin' fun of it. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,529 Posts
I like synth oil and changed whatever the OEM oil was to synth @ 600 miles. I don't think it makes that much difference though. As far as revs go... I wouldn't ever stay at > 7000 K for an extended period, but the engine is bullet proof and loves to rev. I can't do a ride without hitting 8K, and usually triple digits, just for the freakin' fun of it. :ROFLMAO:
Yep, very difficult to go slow on this bike - even at my age.:D

Reactions: gritty and mike d

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yep, very difficult to go slow on this bike - even at my age.:D
Yes I am in agreement with this, its the nature of the engine. My old B king was more relaxing and didn't tempt me into naughty speeds. Starting to miss my Victory now for those relaxing scenic rides that don't require high speed hijinx. The Indian Scout and Yamaha xv1900 have caught my attention.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Yes I am in agreement with this, its the nature of the engine. My old B king was more relaxing and didn't tempt me into naughty speeds. Starting to miss my Victory now for those relaxing scenic rides that don't require high speed hijinx. The Indian Scout and Yamaha xv1900 have caught my attention.
I had the same thought at times, of getting something like a Scout or a Yamaha Bolt for cruising but I think in the long term, I'd be disappointed in the performance and weight.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,529 Posts
I was daydreaming yesterday about my B-King and wishing I still had it.
Then this morning I had a reality check, woke up and couldn't get out of bed as my back had seized up.:(

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm starting to do 120 MPH ~ 130 MPH very easily. This baby wants more and more :LOL:
I get big smiles! This bike screams for more speed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
120 effortlessly lol that's fast enough for a good speeding ticket!
If the 120 is MPH (not KPH) in Illinois, even for a 70 MPH interstate, that is a class A misdemeanor. Jail time up to a year, $2500 fine. I had that explained to me on a few "occasions".:oops:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have you read the owner's manual?
Seems to me that most people don’t read the owners manual. It also appears that some people would rather spend 5 minutes making a new thread asking a question which they can have answered in 30 seconds on the net. On the other hand then there’s me, who’d rather spend a few minutes writing a post, rather than spend 2 seconds just shaking my head. 😊

·
Administrator
388 Posts
Seems to me that most people don’t read the owners manual. It also appears that some people would rather spend 5 minutes making a new thread asking a question which they can have answered in 30 seconds on the net. On the other hand then there’s me, who’d rather spend a few minutes writing a post, rather than spend 2 seconds just shaking my head. 😊
You assume we can read. :)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Look, we have to have something to talk about (politics excluded... no, I mean really. I like you guys too much for that to rear it's ugly head, but oil is getting dangerously close). :ROFLMAO:

21 - 40 of 70 Posts