GSXS 1000 Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I personally only do “fanging” when I’m coming out of a bend at high rpm, with my knee kissing the ground. 😝
I thought fanging had to be done in private. Can't that get you arrested, especially with your knee on the ground?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I personally only do “fanging” when I’m coming out of a bend at high rpm, with my knee kissing the ground. 😝
Yeah be careful that kissing the ground with your knee doesn’t extend to kissing it with your elbow, your shoulder, and your helmet all in one go. Those big kisses aren’t too loving ya know! 😭 When the bike hurts the pocket hurts. They seem to have this invisible nerve attachment in place!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah be careful that kissing the ground with your knee doesn’t extend to kissing it with your elbow, your shoulder, and your helmet all in one go. Those big kisses aren’t too loving ya know! 😭 When the bike hurts the pocket hurts. They seem to have this invisible nerve attachment in place!
I agree. That’s why I’ve given up riding. I went around an obstacle at slow speed on my bike, hit a rut and went down on my right side. Damaged my right shoulder, gently smacked my head on the ground. Suffered some additional nerve injury to my right shoulder From a previous fall years ago.

Yes, bicycles are dangerous. I’ve quit riding them. It’s only motorcycles from now on.👍🏼

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, bicycles are dangerous. I’ve quit riding them. It’s only motorcycles from now on.👍🏼
Last year I rode a bicycle for the first time in about 44yrs. **** things aren't as easy to ride as I recall. So **** top heavy and unstable! Weighing twice as much as I did when I was 16 probably doesn't help.

A friend showed me this video of this girl performing tricks on her push bike in front of a crowd. After doing two laps of she gets into her act - the skills some people have is astonishing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Last year I rode a bicycle for the first time in about 44yrs. ** things aren't as easy to ride as I recall. So ** top heavy and unstable! Weighing twice as much as I did when I was 16 probably doesn't help.

A friend showed me this video of this girl performing tricks on her push bike in front of a crowd. After doing two laps of she gets into her act - the skills some people have is astonishing.
You don’t get that good without falling quite a few times. 😀 I’ve fallen a number of times, but it seems the older I get, the less I bounce unharmed. 😩

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
You guys are killing me. :ROFLMAO: I ride a "push bike" more miles per year than I do a motorcycle. I love both, but bicycling keeps me healthier, both physically and mentally.
I did 7300 miles on my bicycle last year (a little lower than average - yes, I'm getting older). I've been riding for many years and raced at an amateur level (Cat 2) for many years too. I've crashed countless times and been injured a lot. But... when you crash on a bicycle, you only have < 20lbs of crap that can land on you, and the average speed is much less. The consequences of crashing on an MC are much greater. The odds seem about the same to me. If you can't ride a freakin' bicycle, you probably shouldn't be riding a motorcycle. ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I did 7300 miles on my bicycle last year
Awesome!
The consequences of crashing on an MC are much greater.
Not necessarily. A helmet is only designed to protect your hear from the impact of a fall. A fall in the vertical plane is the same whether on a bicycle or motorcycle. Vertical acceleration is independent of horizontal speed. Now, if you hit something immobile before your body stops sliding and it is traveling at 60 mph on impact, that is a completely different story....

·
Registered
91 Posts
You guys are killing me. :ROFLMAO: I ride a "push bike" more miles per year than I do a motorcycle. I love both, but bicycling keeps me healthier, both physically and mentally.
I did 7300 miles on my bicycle last year (a little lower than average - yes, I'm getting older). I've been riding for many years and raced at an amateur level (Cat 2) for many years too. I've crashed countless times and been injured a lot. But... when you crash on a bicycle, you only have < 20lbs of crap that can land on you, and the average speed is much less. The consequences of crashing on an MC are much greater. The odds seem about the same to me. If you can't ride a freakin' bicycle, you probably shouldn't be riding a motorcycle. ;)
Your comments really hurt. 😩. I have to cover a few points. I’ve crashed a number of times and only had the motorcycle land on me twice. I recommend lower leg and foot protection. I can attest to the fact not riding with boots when your leg is dragged under the bike is not good for you.

Yes I agree that you crash bicycles on average at low speeds, but you also wear less protection and coming off at 20 mph does leave you rashed up, as I’m sure you know from your own experience.

Also if you ride motorcycles energetically you are leaned over a fair distance and have less of a distance to fall, compared to a bicycle.

You state you’ve crashed countless times on a bicycle and been injured a lot. This goes to prove fanatical bicycle riders like to hurt themselves.😳. I bet you scare young children with all the scars you must have. Poor tykes.

For your own sake Mike D, give up bicycles. Everything you’ve said proves they are dangerous. 🥺

61 - 70 of 70 Posts