GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello guys,

I just wanted to see if anyone has the Arrow slip on's in stock here in the states? I originally was looking at the Akropovic at RZilla but they now seem to be out of stock everywhere and the Arrow seems to be an "order only" item. So other then the Yosh slip on there doesn't seem to be many "popular names" exhausts to choose from "In Stock" anywhere in the States? Please let me know if you guys have a good parts source in the US that has any of these exhausts in stock?

thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ordered my headers from Black Widow in the UK. Cheaper than Arrow, and it got here within a few days of me placing the order.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I just bought my Akra Slip on from Riders Discount. Ask for Mikki

Her email is [email protected]

I have found through the years Riders Discount has the best prices on aftermarket accessories of anyone out there. Would appreciate hearing back if I was right, and they have the Akra.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered my headers from Black Widow in the UK. Cheaper than Arrow, and it got here within a few days of me placing the order.
Thanks Pat. I have never had an Arrow before but all the places seem to indicate 3-4 weeks to get one. Even RZilla has it on their site but it says 4-5 weeks to get order shipped. I am like well what's the point of having it on the site then? lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought my Akra Slip on from Riders Discount. Ask for Mikki

Her email is [email protected]

I have found through the years Riders Discount has the best prices on aftermarket accessories of anyone out there. Would appreciate hearing back if I was right, and they have the Akra.
I appreciate it. I checked their site and they appear to be out of them as well but I sent her an email as well to be sure. IDK if Akro is changing the pipe or just wasn't selling enough of them? Surprising to discontinue a product for a bike still in production?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Maybe it was a low-volume production at Akra, because of lesser projected demand - I guess more people keep stock exhaust on this model than on others for it sounds great.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe it was a low-volume production at Akra, because of lesser projected demand - I guess more people keep stock exhaust on this model than on others for it sounds great.
It actually does have a nice "growl" to it. I haven't gotten it up into the high rpm's yet (still in "break in mode") but I was surprised how nice it sounded stock. But I do want a slip on for sure!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
lol...your name says it all!
ya its a condo thing.....i fish near a highway...i here the bikes all night long ripping up the highway..i can hear then for miles before they get to where i am...then few more miles after they pass.....i like high speeds without people knowing

·
Registered
62 Posts
I checked out this link and if I am not mistaken you paid something like $720 for just the slip on can? I was ordering a helmet and headsets the other day on Revzilla and saw a Hotbodies can for sale at $215. I was going to put it on later today. From what I have read hear these cans, regardless of what you buy make very little difference in the sound and performance without getting the Cat out of the way and remapping. You guys have any thoughts on this.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Correct. Not much adjustment needed for optimal performance. Can run slip on no worries

700 is ridiculous for any slip on
I agree $700 is ridiculously high for a slip on .... but it's an Akrapovic! Their quality and craftsmanship is above all others. And it comes from Europe, so that accounts for some of the higher price.
So OP, did you find the Akra "in stock" yet?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
... that being said...
It got me looking at what exhausts are available for the GSX-S1000 and I really kinda like the looks of the Two Brothers Exhaust.
The installation guide seems to indicate it's doesn't require any cutting, it's just an unscrew, screw process. I've read elsewhere that (at least some) cat-backs require cutting the stock pipe. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
694 Posts
... that being said...
It got me looking at what exhausts are available for the GSX-S1000 and I really kinda like the looks of the Two Brothers Exhaust.
The installation guide seems to indicate it's doesn't require any cutting, it's just an unscrew, screw process. I've read elsewhere that (at least some) cat-backs require cutting the stock pipe. Anyone know for sure?
every 2 bro exhaust I ever heard, was the awful most horrific weed whacker sound I ever heard. especially if someone removes baffle. Just an fyi if you havnt heard them. I havnt heard one on our bike, but gsxr's they are terrible

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
not for nothing none of the slipons look better then stock.. and one,s gain is zero....yes people have different taste...but they all look like unfinished cheep crap

1 - 20 of 30 Posts