GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a play around today with a cheap stainless steel exhaust trim. As others have already mentioned, the sound is hardly any different with the rear silencer removed, so I'm not bothered about loosing it.

This was just a trial fit to see what it looks like. The heat shield will need an extra bracket and maybe a reshape if I'm feeling brave enough, but all in all it think I'll continue down this road to see what I can create :)

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty much, it's a bit more expensive than the ones on eBay because it's stainless and not cheap plated mild steel, but it's still a cheap off the shelf tail piece!

I need to play a little with the fit and do something with the heat shield so for now the original is back on the bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did you get any further with this Martin? I think with a custom shield that would be spot on. Any chance of a link to the bit you bought or hints on the size?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No further yet, other than I've just bought a second hand original exhaust and heat shield as donor parts :)

I bought the stainless trim from Halfords, it's something like 55mm in diameter. The outer diameter of the metal gasket it has to go over on the exhaust is 51mm, so it'll need some packing.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still ongoing, just haven't found the time yet to fit the tail piece properly and cut the heat shield.

·
Registered
726 Posts
So I had a play around today with a cheap stainless steel exhaust trim. As others have already mentioned, the sound is hardly any different with the rear silencer removed, so I'm not bothered about loosing it.

This was just a trial fit to see what it looks like. The heat shield will need an extra bracket and maybe a reshape if I'm feeling brave enough, but all in all it think I'll continue down this road to see what I can create :)
Hi Martin... where did you get the slash pipe from please...?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts