GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, i new here and need a technical advice from your expert please.
I have Suzuki GSXS 1000A 2017, i replace the o.e.m exhaust to Mivv slip on. I cut off the mid pipe with the catalytic and disable the exhaust butterfly. and the bike start to run very lean.When the engine is cold and i start it on the morning, its works on idle like a machine gun.. (the r.p.m go high and low between 1000 - 1100 very very fast) i guess it because the exhaust valve (that stays fully open all the time)
When i ride on cruise speed on 4500 - 5500 rpm the bike running bad and fill like ignition cut on and off have had uncomfortable filling. After that, no problem... on high rpm the bike start puling absolutely crazy!
I'm pretty shore that its a fuel map issue because of the exhaust system modification.
Please tell me what exactly i need to do or buy to repair and avoid this problems.

Thank you very much (y)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Yes it's a fueling issue, if there is no one local you should send your ECU to Dano's Performance in the U.S. for a flash. FedEx or UPS you'll have it back in a couple of weeks and you will be happy

·
Registered
631 Posts
Seems directly related to the exhaust valve specifically. I also performed a decat and butterfly valve removal and suffered the lumpy idle and low rpm surge.
Others who performed a decat yet left the valve in place didn't suffer these issues.
It can be rectified as Rapido explained, others have also stated that using an exhaust baffle helped the idle surging.
Either way you need to look at fuelling first.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I will add that I never did fully get rid of the fluctuating idle even after Dano flash, but it is minor, and is a slow fluctuation, not "between 1000 - 1100 very very fast" like the OP said.

It can definitely be greatly reduced with an ECU flash.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I will add that I never did fully get rid of the fluctuating idle even after Dano flash, but it is minor, and is a slow fluctuation, not "between 1000 - 1100 very very fast" like the OP said.

It can definitely be greatly reduced with an ECU flash.
I'm in the same boat, just a slow surge every now and then between 1000 and 1100rpm. I think it sounds cool and definitely gets some looks.
I don't have a silencer for my Yoshi R11 and i wouldn't bother as i love the sound without.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Wonder what if anything was done with the stock narrow band 02 sensor by the OP ?
The reason the exhaust butterfly opens and closes rapidly is to allow more time for the gases to be nuked by the cat element when the 02 sensor gets worried (which is just up pipe side of the valve).
It does at lot more than just restrict noise. Would a 02 sensor eliminator be what the OP needs, but we all know a reflash with 02 sensor delete is the ideal solution?

And welcome to the Forum, Eli.

Rob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks guys, What do you think about dyno autotune or bazzaz fuel remap systems? The really works or just a gimmick thing.

Thank you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Your Best off getting ecu flash as they delete 02 sensor and fuel cut.
With a piggy back system like Bazzaz or power commander you can only delete
02 sensor with a 02 eliminator and can’t delete fuel cut.
Also with Bazzaz or Pcv it takes up a bit of space in the tail of the bike where your tool kit is located .
I use that space for a puncher repair kit and reading glasses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
New here also and I sent my ECU to Schnitz Racing . Their basic flash is $200.00 and they are in Indiana USA.
I am pleased with the results so far ( I have just riden 1 tank of fuel through it )
Fuel cut is gone, but this also eliminates the decel
Fuel mileage went from 50 mpg to 45 mpg
Idol is a little lower, it was 1200, now 1000 to 1100 warmed up.
The power in lower gears is noticeably stronger.
My mods so far are K&N air filter, Air restrictor plate removed from the air box and soon to add slip on pipe and
maybe a decat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts