GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Can we move this to a different thread? I really don't want to give Paul Nebbs, Phucker Paul, any more PR here. He's a liar and thief and has ripped off numerous members here for a lot of money. His threads should be deleted / burned (as should he).
I agree that we should expose him as a d-bag every time we mention his name, but IMO to delete all of his threads would be a disservice to lots of folks who depend on the technical info he posted. Heck his gsx-s.info webpage is chock full of useful info, much of which is difficult to find anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
My idea is that one could make these headers if had the material list and measurements and “instructions” if Temporary Kiwi would offer them. Trying to move forward with ideas rather than bring up the past, was not my intention.

So maybe Kiwi would start another thread if he is willing, and there is enough interest in building your own custom headers with long secondaries.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
hand made headers vs aftermarket

With the photos in the first page here, and if Temporarykiwi would provide or sell the dimensions or schematic and “instructions”, could not any good muffler or metal fab shop build these headers? The long secondary pipes absolutely do make a huge difference in the midrange. I was blown away when I first tried them.

A list of materials and lengths needed to order the tubing, where to get the cylinder flanges, etc., order all the material needed, then just drop it all off with the bike at a shop and tell them “please make me this, I’ll pick it up in a week”!

Possible?
some seem to be crediting paul with this thread ( not you rapido), i started it as i wanted to show the difference between a made to measure exhaust over standard aftermarket exhaust, i supplied paul with dimensions for the header he made initially, thats as far as it went, i have made an improved version that really makes the bike a different animal, however it isnt really mass producably, as fully tapered pipes are beyond almost all exhaust shops skill levels, the dimensions of the first header i supplied paul via this thread, so the info is there if someone wants to build one, it was designed to boost torque rather than power, the 2nd header i made boosts the power and torque from 4k up to 12k, it has alot different dimensions and sizes, not to mention the hundred odd hrs to produce, the torque header probably would take approx 25hrs to make by a skilled fabricator, parts cost was approx $400nz

·
Registered
137 Posts
I remember reading through that in thread, a while back and I'm still amazed at the effort, work and knowledge that temporarykiwi or into the system. If I had the equipment and time, I'd be ecstatic to try it myself. But I'd still fail. 😂

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Sorry, my fault, I saw the posts and pictures from Paul and I still harbor a little rage. ... carry on.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry, my fault, I saw the posts and pictures from Paul and I still harbor a little rage. ... carry on.
I feel that. I'm still internally trying to convince myself he had some kind of family or medical emergency, and didn't just decide to abscond with our hard earned (for most of us, anyways...) Cash.

·
Registered
114 Posts
some seem to be crediting paul with this thread ( not you rapido)
Second that. Enough threads have been wasted on a lost cause.

Now I have a question regarding the stock exhaust system design :
1. Could longer pipes result in better torque?
- The reason I ask is that I see most stock Super bikes have longer exhaust pipes than the street versions - for example see GSXR and GSXS. The GSXR has a huge exhaust pipe - and it is longer overall compared to our bikes. Even the K5 GSXR had a longer exhaust. Also, while watching the Suzuka 8Hr endurance race, I saw that the Yamaha R1 had really long exhaust pipes compared to their street or SBK versions.
Would adding a longer exhaust pipe to our stock header/mufflerbox combo help with the torque trench between 4K to 7K rpm?

And since I dont find any useful info yet - would modifying intake velocity stack help in any way at all?

It would be cool if we could keep the stock quiet exhaust on and get the torque curve flattened somehow.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
funny thing about exhaust and mods my buddys have......i always seem to have my kick stand down first,once we arrived at the place we where going,,,after a highway blast

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Second that. Enough threads have been wasted on a lost cause.

Now I have a question regarding the stock exhaust system design :
1. Could longer pipes result in better torque?
- The reason I ask is that I see most stock Super bikes have longer exhaust pipes than the street versions - for example see GSXR and GSXS. The GSXR has a huge exhaust pipe - and it is longer overall compared to our bikes. Even the K5 GSXR had a longer exhaust. Also, while watching the Suzuka 8Hr endurance race, I saw that the Yamaha R1 had really long exhaust pipes compared to their street or SBK versions.
Would adding a longer exhaust pipe to our stock header/mufflerbox combo help with the torque trench between 4K to 7K rpm?

And since I dont find any useful info yet - would modifying intake velocity stack help in any way at all?

It would be cool if we could keep the stock quiet exhaust on and get the torque curve flattened somehow.
A longer pipe will not result in better torque, but as Kiwi recently told me “longer exhaust has a greater vacume effect, the more gases moving the better” ... I PM’d him recently asking a question - I normally run “shorty” Slip-ons, and after mounting a 300mm Slip-On, I noticed improved performance. That was his answer, which answers your observations above.

I doubt adding a longer Slip-On to stock headers would improve anything, as the header’s design is the key to more torque.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Can we move this to a different thread? I really don't want to give Paul Nebbs, Phucker Paul, any more PR here. He's a liar and thief and has ripped off numerous members here for a lot of money. His threads should be deleted / burned (as should he).
Cant the moderators do this if he is such a rat?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Might want to re-consider what you're asking...much of the stuff he posted is good info. Do you want to throw that away?

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi fellow gsx-s users, ive had a black widow full exhaust system on the bike for a week or two now, ive been comparing its performance to the extracter i had previously made for the bike, its still running the the same ecu reflash, which i admit wasnt fueling very well in the lower 1-3500rpm range, its apparrently difficult for the brake dyno tuner to get reliable info in that range., im thinking of an inertia dyno run with this b/widow exhaust to get a base run for comparision, we dont have a lot of dyno tuners for m/c's around my location, a couple in two cities a couple hundred km's away
but ive found a few differences with this b/widow ex system, with its decibel killer in the 300mm carbon muffler the lower 3k rpm responds better to under half throttle, 3-7krpm is very muted in its reponse, i.e a hole in torque curve , 7-11500rpm is strangled, power feels down by approx 10hp in this range, without the d/killer its stronger thruout midrange/topend slightly
the pipe i built used the same size header tubes for 165 ft /sec gas speed, but the b/wid has smaller secondary tubes, with fairly basic collecters which are marginally better than standard, i had also die ground the remains of the tig welding internally on the collecters prior to fitting as these have a negative effect on wave reversions. my next stage will be to remove the b/widow secondary pipes, install a proper set of race collecters and lenghtened secondary pioes to remove the hole in the mid-range power as i had with my pipe. ill put up some pic's for you all to see the differences between aftermarket and race built pipes, i.e they are internal not external as looks dont matter to to gas flow, shape does !

your like THE person who i'd want doing my exhaust. seriously thankyou for all this info!

so your final exhaust there, thats the blackwidow's modified with the better collector design and extended secondarys? i think you mentioned them being a bit larger as well?

with it being so far back would there be any downs to having a wideband back that far? (im getting a full woolich kit with autotune and wana use that to get the most out of whatever exhaust)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
your like THE person who i'd want doing my exhaust. seriously thankyou for all this info!

so your final exhaust there, thats the blackwidow's modified with the better collector design and extended secondarys? i think you mentioned them being a bit larger as well?

with it being so far back would there be any downs to having a wideband back that far? (im getting a full woolich kit with autotune and wana use that to get the most out of whatever exhaust)
hi, i only did the b/widow headers to experiment, i lengthened the secondary pipes to add midrange torque, i enlarged the tailpipe to the full size right through its length, which eliminated the pipe reducer that b/w had to facilitate a pipe joiner, plus i die ground the obstructive inner welds from their collectors, these mods did transform the power delivery of their pipe.
i then sold that exhaust system to a local gsx owner, but i do have two exhaust headers that i will be selling, i potentially have a purchaser for a torque boost header, and i have a developed cyl head for sale and a tapered header that considerably boosts the stock mtrs power delivery, all enquiries by 'pm'

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Buy those headers guys!!! Kiwi is the man when it comes to building optimum headers for our bike! Jump on this opportunity!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts