GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Easiest way is to plug in healtech servo eliminator, yes it costs money but hey ho who needs money ;-)

·
Registered
719 Posts
It's funny you mention the EC you method. I was looking at the diagram on the manual last night. It does not appear to be the same pain but there is definitely a pin dedicated to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm not sure how to tell you which ones are the pin exactly. You can see the excv actuator has 3 wires going to ecm.... yellow and two striped ones

I circled were all three of them connect next to each other on the ECM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
It is pin 5 for the ECXVA position sensor. Yellow wire.
:)
I am not convinced that cutting the wire will help though.
Depends on the logic in the ECU.

The (old) GSXR is a "race" bike so maybe the code in that ECU has logic to interpret missing input as "Hey! I am in race mode!" :D
Instead of invalid value feed back from T5 when ECU applies power (voltage) to control the EXCVA = FI on the dash.

·
Registered
987 Posts
dqban - never mind the exhaust valve...where did you get that slick, full-color digital wiring diagram?

Reactions: KiwiJaZ

·
Registered
987 Posts
Sorry, have searched using both forum search and Google search, scrolled until I was bleary-eyed and dizzy with no luck. I found a few links that were PW protected. Next closest thing I found was to PM someone and maybe they would reveal the magic link. No big deal as I have the factory service manual but that's B&W, color just makes tracing the wires easier. Don't want anything illegal, though.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
it comes from from the service manual. Search for service manual on this board and you can DL a copy of the iso image

G-Dub,
There is no entire SM as far as I know. One poster said he had it but it was the Owner's Manual.
Another poster cracked open SM the front door via the Dealer Entry, but that didn't allow much other than a b & w page or two.
Those wiring diagrams are the exceptions that they are in colour as the Tech's wouldn't like b & w for wiring info.
It only worked using Internet Explorer as well, and I couldn't print the page or diagram.
Suzuki encrypt the online version and the Dealer pays a fee per nominated employee (on a submitted form prior to Suzuki) to get the de encrypted view password to use on the workshop PC.

Holeshot408 has another thread reply here on the service manual.
http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-...-workshop-service-manual-gsx-s-1000-a-10.html

Rob.

·
Registered
987 Posts
G-Dub,
There is no entire SM as far as I know. One poster said he had it but it was the Owner's Manual.
Another poster cracked open SM the front door via the Dealer Entry, but that didn't allow much other than a b & w page or two.
Those wiring diagrams are the exceptions that they are in colour as the Tech's wouldn't like b & w for wiring info.
It only worked using Internet Explorer as well, and I couldn't print the page or diagram.
Suzuki encrypt the online version and the Dealer pays a fee per nominated employee (on a submitted form prior to Suzuki) to get the de encrypted view password to use on the workshop PC.

Holeshot408 has another thread reply here on the service manual.
http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-...-workshop-service-manual-gsx-s-1000-a-10.html

Rob.
I kind of assumed that if there were such manuals or diagrams available, they would be everywhere by now. Having owned Suzukis for a number of years now, I know what a tight lid they keep on digital copies of any type of manual.

Confession: I always try to purchase genuine service manuals, but this time I purchased my factory service manual from Service Shop Repair Manual. I didn't realize until after I received it that it was actually a copy of the real thing - looks more convincing than the usual pirated versions you see. So if you care about this sort of thing, buyer beware. As guarded as Suzuki is with their manuals, I'm surprised they haven't gone after this company, as they seem to be a pretty large operation.

Sorry to have taken this thread so far off-base...carry on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts