GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Exhaust valve removed

13K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  G-Dub 
#1 ·
Anyone know what wire to remove from the ECU to solve the f1 problem?

#8 ·
It is pin 5 for the ECXVA position sensor. Yellow wire.
:)
I am not convinced that cutting the wire will help though.
Depends on the logic in the ECU.

The (old) GSXR is a "race" bike so maybe the code in that ECU has logic to interpret missing input as "Hey! I am in race mode!" :D
Instead of invalid value feed back from T5 when ECU applies power (voltage) to control the EXCVA = FI on the dash.

#15 · (Edited)
G-Dub,
There is no entire SM as far as I know. One poster said he had it but it was the Owner's Manual.
Another poster cracked open SM the front door via the Dealer Entry, but that didn't allow much other than a b & w page or two.
Those wiring diagrams are the exceptions that they are in colour as the Tech's wouldn't like b & w for wiring info.
It only worked using Internet Explorer as well, and I couldn't print the page or diagram.
Suzuki encrypt the online version and the Dealer pays a fee per nominated employee (on a submitted form prior to Suzuki) to get the de encrypted view password to use on the workshop PC.

Holeshot408 has another thread reply here on the service manual.
http://www.gsxs1000.org/forum/gsxs-...-workshop-service-manual-gsx-s-1000-a-10.html

Rob.

#14 ·
Sorry, have searched using both forum search and Google search, scrolled until I was bleary-eyed and dizzy with no luck. I found a few links that were PW protected. Next closest thing I found was to PM someone and maybe they would reveal the magic link. No big deal as I have the factory service manual but that's B&W, color just makes tracing the wires easier. Don't want anything illegal, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.