GSXS 1000 Forum banner

Expected Chain Life/Care

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  USSENTERNCC1701E 
#1 ·
Hi all! The last chain bike I bought was before anyone knew what a gixer was. So I was wondering what the currently expected chain life would be on a bike with some suds like the GSX (assuming one does some "reasonable" chain maintenance)? BTW, I usually spray the chain (been using Z-Clean) when I come in from a ride using a rear stand and spray the inside of chain for a revolution or so). My buddy's Ducati 900SS-SP got +/-25,000 miles, but it only went to the top of our local haunt Canyon Lake.

#3 · (Edited)
It would depend on how hard you ride, what sort or riding and how much you look after it,could be 15000km or over 40000km
I look after mine and don't ride too hard and hopefully 40000km will be a chain and sprocket changeout together

#4 ·
I ride in some pretty crap conditions at times and I normally managed about 18-20,000 miles. If you get a Scott oiler you can expect about half that again on average in my experience. You'll be spending a lot more on tyres in that time so it's not too great an expense in the long run ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.