GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the US extended warranty worth the $$$? My dealer added it by mistake. Long story. Trying to decide if I should keep it or cancel with Suzuki.

Cancel?
Keep?
Cancel and buy cheaper online?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
I tried two dealers when buying bike. First dealer was $775 for cheapest 2-year warranty (don't remember exact figure), but where I bought bike they offered an actual OEM Suzuki 2-year warranty for $450. And that includes parts and labor. Seemed like a good deal so I bought it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got the 6-year warranty for a little over a grand. It's actually the Suzuki 1-year warranty plus an extended 5-year full warranty after that.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I didn't buy the extended warranty when I bought my bike. The dealer tries to get you to buy 4 years off the get go which is really 3 years after the factory warranty runs out.
If I decide to get the extended warranty, I'll decide prior to the factory warranty running out. I might shop around though...

·
Registered
17 Posts
By mistake? It was no mistake. He snuck it in there hoping you wouldn't notice and apparently you didn't. You were duped. Stealers make HUGE commissions on those things.
he may have slipped it in but is a good deal i bought one for my 2012 gsxr
when i sold it this year the customer had a year left and it added value.

and not all dealers are "stealers" we are not out to make a killing but with the market the way it is survive is the name of the game.

jason

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, they put it in on purpose. When I told them I didn't want it, they had to make a phone call and remove it, as they had just 'assumed' I would get it.
It's a Suzuki. I have an '03 with nearly 20,000 miles, and an '06 with 50,000 miles. Nothing has broken on either of them. I trust their build quality.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to dig out the paperwork and figure out how to cancel this weekend. Warranty would be nice but I can buy the same coverage for a few hundred dollars less online.

I have a copy of the paperwork that shows that I declined the coverage with my signature on it. Dirty SOBs. That's why the bank caught it.

Yeah, they put it in on purpose. When I told them I didn't want it, they had to make a phone call and remove it, as they had just 'assumed' I would get it.
It's a Suzuki. I have an '03 with nearly 20,000 miles, and an '06 with 50,000 miles. Nothing has broken on either of them. I trust their build quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts