GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some flush mount LED blinkers, they're way too dim. Since the US model doesn't have lights in the fangs, I made those my blinkers. About $30 worth of parts, and some drilling, and there I go. Write up with pics coming later, just on my phone right now, bout to eat dinner.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I had my fairing off the other day, and I spotted this.

Which looks like where the fang light would go, if we had one. Not being the sort to tear apart any more of the front fairing than is necessary... I drilled a hole for the new light.

Outer hole is 3/4", inner is basically making the square a circle at 1/2". Had to trim the socket to fit, could be a cleaner job (make the hole actually hold the socket), but I'm lazy.

Tapped in the wiring at the connectors for the stock flashers.

Drilled another hole through the bracket to route the wires.

Make sure the bulb is all the way through into the reflectors. I used 194A LEDs (majority of the cost here, can be done for cheaper), T-taps for splicing, and a socket/harness for the bulb.

Got a discount, be just over $30 without.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! The bike should have come stock like that, I put them inside my retrofit and blanked off the turn signals with paint-matched blanks. Pics here at post #19: My second GSX-S!
Love those headlights, I definitely don't have the patience for the mod though (if my cutting holes in the lens for blinkers didn't tell you that).

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you ever want me to build you a set:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts