GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can help me source a part.
Previous owner of my GSX-S 1000F dropped it and part of the damage was done to the left headlight.
As far as I can tell, they sell the headlight as a whole £400 unit which I'm not inclined to purchase just for a crack.
Is there a part number for just the cover or am I screwed here?

If so, any way to repair it without making it look worse?
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Headlight assemblies are usually sold as a sealed unit. Can you not have it buffed out with a polishing wheel?

another idea, since the damage is on the top and not where the light shines through, maybe you can cover that section with black vinyl sheet with adhesive on one side, in other words, cover it with some things so you don’t see the damaged area. (of course both sides to match).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day,

I am not sure what year you have, but as @rapido mentioned the headlamp unit is sealed. It has a back housing and front is the clear lens. They are bonded to keep out moisture. Otherwise humidity gets in the lens and can fog it up and affect electrics.

If you did not see a picture, it looks like an entire assembly.

Product Rectangle Font Line Triangle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Headlight assemblies are usually sold as a sealed unit. Can you not have it buffed out with a polishing wheel?

another idea, since the damage is on the top and not where the light shines through, maybe you can cover that section with black vinyl sheet with adhesive on one side, in other words, cover it with some things so you don’t see the damaged area. (of course both sides to match).
Appreciate the response but it's a crack, not a scratch. No amount of polish is going to fix that.

The previous owner had covered it up, it looks awful so I'd rather not.

Check out AVDB in France, they have an aftermarket headlight unit for less money.
I bought one a couple years ago, the quality is good.

Yeah I found them after posting, unfortunately they have no stock and they're not replying to emails...

·
Registered
2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000F
25 Posts
The accident I was in caused some damage similar to yours
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Grille Automotive design

When the bike was repaired by insurance it was a whole unit that had to be ordered like Mastifflovers post. The garage ordered it from Fowlers Parts here in the UK so you could try them. Although there was an error somewhere that the naked bikes headlight was sent instead of the faired. Make sure you tell them it's the faired one.

There's also this post on eBay, although it says it's from China

There's Webike Japan as well which people have ordered from for OEM parts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The accident I was in caused some damage similar to yours
View attachment 49473

When the bike was repaired by insurance it was a whole unit that had to be ordered like Mastifflovers post. The garage ordered it from Fowlers Parts here in the UK so you could try them. Although there was an error somewhere that the naked bikes headlight was sent instead of the faired. Make sure you tell them it's the faired one.

There's also this post on eBay, although it says it's from China

There's Webike Japan as well which people have ordered from for OEM parts
Thanks for the links.
Avdb moto finally got back to me after pestering. Might hold out for more stock.

Font Darkness Terrestrial plant Circle Number

1 - 7 of 7 Posts